What are your 2013 goals?

goose

Gold Member
get back onto lipotrim to lose the last few pounds and do my refeed week properly

Move straight onto slimming world (find a group I actually like!) and go at least every fortnight to group even at goal weight

Maintain my weight within + or - 3 lbs of goal

Plan my meals weekly and do a weekly food shop (I never plan and I am always buying bits throughout the week - it wastes so much time and money and is a very disorganised method!)

Go to the gym at least 2 times a week, preferably 3 or 4 times, but at least 2 is achievable. Be able to run 10k within an hour

Go for more walks

Start and Finish work on time - no more long hours

Get pregnant

If I fall pregnant - to continue doing slimming world so I don't lose total control!

Buy a house

Be happy and learn to appreciate all that I have - not what I don't have

We've been doing our business goals for this year, but not had much time to think about my personal goals really.
I'm doing the 'one foot in front of the other' mode losing weight, and not thinking too far ahead. I've never been slim, so don't really know what that will be like or if I can cope... will have to wait and see.

I want to get to 65kgs, maybe a little lower - depends on how I feel at that point

I want to get my divorce sorted - just a pain in the rear to do especially after 6 years of not getting round to it :(

I want to feel more confident and be able to deal directly with issues instead of over-eating and putting on weight to disguise feelings.

I guess all my goals are emotional :( :( I need to find a better place to be assertive from and learn to take a stand on things I wouldn't usually challenge. Crumbs I think I've become jelly on the outside to reflect the jelly on the inside. Lots of 'head work' to do on myself to harmonise the inside and outside then! :pillowfight:

The goals that have already been posted have made me think about my life. Lots of things in my life are great. I have a very supportive husband and family. 3 lovely children. A job that I enjoy. Well, some more money would be nice but we always get by. My goals are silly things really but because of my weight I feel I haven't really been living if you know what I mean just muddling along. So, the things I want to do in 2013 are:-

1. Ice skating! (haven't ice skated since I was about 10 but would love to take my girls).
2. Go to the cinema and theatre (haven't been for about 2 years as I just got too big for the seats).
3. Take my children on some fair ground rides nothing too scary but dodgems, twister and log flumes would be great fun!
4. Go swimming in a pool and the sea.
5. Take my son to watch his favourite football team (again I haven't taken him for at least 3 years because I was just too big).
6. To go dancing.
7. To join in and not miss out on all the fun - to really LIVE!

Hi all,

My goals are as follows
1: To get to my goal weight of 10 stones
2. To complete and pass my Foundation Degree.
3. To deal with my emotions without turning to food.
4. To maintain my weight loss
5. To stay strong while my only child goes through heart surgery in February, and not to turn to food for comfort.
6. To find a partner who will treat me like I deserve to be treated.
7. To join the local gym and attend three sessions a week.
7. To love myself and to respect myself enough to maintain my emotions and well being.
8. To walk in the summer with out chaffing!!!
Wow that's a long list.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My goals :

1. To wear a dress for the first time since my holy communion, even then it was made for me. I was 6.

2. To be able to buy clothes in the 'normal' shops.

3. To pass my driving test. Too embarrassed to get going at the moment.

4. To start walking a little at a time even by day rather than waiting for nightfall with the idea that no one will see me and by which time I'm too tired.

5. To go on holiday and leave the apartment. Awful I know. But that's what I did. I was getting so many looks I just cried. I let my husband take the kids to the beach. :( I'd give anything to go to the beach with them. Its my dream.

6. To be more assertive and not let others make me feel so inferior.

7. To seperate the friends from the foes. Some people do not want you to succeed and I want them out of my story. The first time I lost significant weight my best friend at the time was outraged. She would show up on my door with ice cream. Buy me maltesers at the cinema. Got me pjs 2 sizes larger with sweets on them! In the end, after a year, my best friendship was destroyed. She recently saw me with all the weight back on 4 years later and wrote me an email asking to be friends again. I accepted her quasi apology but will not be letting her in. She hasn't changed. Ramble, sorry.

8. To improve on myself, physically and mentally andnot have food as the convenient counsellor. Who eats there counsellor? Lol. I don't want to turn to food every single time. I want to be food independent!!!!!

9. To take my son to Disney and enjoy it all with him. Can't wait!!!

10. I've a million goals, I must make a big list for myself. But the main thing would be to start living. I want to go out and walk in the street without worrying about what others think or if they are looking. Who cares??? I don't even know them. Prob never see them again. I just don't have that logic yet. I'm getting my life back. For me. And indirectly for my family who will no doubt reap the benefits. 2013 is my year!!!!!!

Hi all,

My goals are as follows
1: To get to my goal weight of 10 stones
2. To complete and pass my Foundation Degree.
3. To deal with my emotions without turning to food.
4. To maintain my weight loss
5. To stay strong while my only child goes through heart surgery in February, and not to turn to food for comfort.
6. To find a partner who will treat me like I deserve to be treated.
7. To join the local gym and attend three sessions a week.
7. To love myself and to respect myself enough to maintain my emotions and well being.
8. To walk in the summer with out chaffing!!!
Wow that's a long list.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Sorry to hear your child needs heart surgery soon. I hope everything goes well xxx

My goals are:-

1. Lose a further 1st 5lb with Lipotrim before going onto refeed
2. Join Slimming World straight after refeed and aim to lose another 7lb
3. Keep attending the Slimming World meetings even once I'm at goal and stay within +/- 3lb of goal
4. Go Scuba Diving in Turkey in June
5. Go Skiing in Canada for New Year 2013
6. Fall pregnant and keep going to Slimming World so I don't put all of the weight lost back on
7. Go to the gym/exercise class or swimming at least twice per week
8. Take more time out for myself...I used to spend a lot more time looking after myself at the hairdressers, beauticians etc. I have since let myself go abit and got lazy with my pampering and preening. This will in turn help increase my confidence and makesure I don't turn to food again as a comfort.
9. Move back to our home away from the army lifestyle where I will be happier in general.
10. Get back on track with my law degree.

Pheewww there's a lot to go at there!! xx

Thank you Busy Mum,

I am so glad to have found this group .
It keeps me going
Kind regards
Miss Piggy

Hello Ladies

After reading your posts (and learning your goals) Ive come to realise that the main challenge for all of us is to keep the weight off. If we can do that then we can live a full life. So my only goal for 2013 is to keep the weigh off forever and the rest will follow... I will feel more confident, I might even wear a dress (haven't worn one since my wedding), I hope that this time when on holidays I will actually wear my swimming costium instead of keeping it in my suitcase and sitting in long sleeve shirt on the beach... yes life will be totally different if I can keep the weight of. I would also like to learn how to eat s-l-o-w-l-y cos before I was just swallowing food like there was no tomorrow :(
so good luck to all of us! bring on the 2013!!

MissPiggy I am sorry to hear that your child is going to have a surgery, I hope everything goes well. By february you'll be an advanced lipotrim slimmer and I hope you'll be lgging on here often - we will be all here for you xxx

Dear New Girl

Thank you for your kind words
Regards
Miss Piggy

My goals are:

To get to goal weight of 10 stones
Maintain weight loss by doing weight watchers filling and healthy plan
Feel comfortable abroad on beach in swim-wear,no longer having to hide under too much clothing
Be able to know when to stop eating!!! So I don't have to follow we pro-points.

The goals that have already been posted have made me think about my life. Lots of things in my life are great. I have a very supportive husband and family. 3 lovely children. A job that I enjoy. Well, some more money would be nice but we always get by. My goals are silly things really but because of my weight I feel I haven't really been living if you know what I mean just muddling along. So, the things I want to do in 2013 are:-

1. Ice skating! (haven't ice skated since I was about 10 but would love to take my girls).
2. Go to the cinema and theatre (haven't been for about 2 years as I just got too big for the seats).
3. Take my children on some fair ground rides nothing too scary but dodgems, twister and log flumes would be great fun!
4. Go swimming in a pool and the sea.
5. Take my son to watch his favourite football team (again I haven't taken him for at least 3 years because I was just too big).
6. To go dancing.
7. To join in and not miss out on all the fun - to really LIVE!

That just about covers it for me too! Glad I'm not alone with this. xx

To lose the weight this year.
To be a better mum. By this i mean lose the weight so i have more energy to do things.
Lose weight for our holiday in june (off to disneyland paris then onto spain) would hate to be watching the kids from the sidelines. For once i wanna be on the rides too
Be more organised, and tidier which i think will come as i lose weight
To find a new home as the one we r in just now has no garden and the kids hate it. But it was all that was available at the time

Miss Piggy we should stay in touch. My youngest son is going in for surgery on the 1st feb. Not as serious as heart surgery. But im also worrying about eating while we are in etc

Miss Piggy we should stay in touch. My youngest son is going in for surgery on the 1st feb. Not as serious as heart surgery. But im also worrying about eating while we are in etc

Hi Slimprincess2be,
I hope your son has a successful surgery .
I have been informed that the hospital is 'Hoping to carry out the surgery in February'
He has been on the waiting list for over a year .
So I have to Waite for another letter to confirm his date of surgery.
I think the best thing we can do as mothers is to stay strong and healthy for our children.
Kind Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Back