What are your motivations?

becs132

Why is everyone losing weight?

It would be really interesting to hear peoples' motivation.

For me it is quite simple - I did LighterLife and lost 4 stone. I gained all that plus an extra 3 stone back.

So I would like to get into the clothes I bought when I was at my smallest.

Also we are going for a 2 week holiday in November and I would like to be able to splash around in the pool with my son and not have to wait until the pool is clear or wear a huge t-shirt to cover up.

Bec x x

Wedding in May and trying for a baby after!!! best two motivators in the world.
xx

Fed up being the fat friend! And also fed up having to wear clothes that i can get in my size, rather than the clothes i'd really like to wear.

Oh god, now that i've started thinking about this there are a million reasons - unhealthy attitude to food, lack of self esteem, dislike of
reflection in the mirror, fed up being single but lack confidence to put myself out there, fed up covering up my lumps and bumps - I could go on but am depressing myself now - lol!!!

Have lost just over 4st on cd (since mid Oct '08) and my confidence and self esteem are gradually improving so i guess doing this has been a good idea - very hard at times, but definitely worth it.

Dx

I want to be able to wear nice fashionable clothing. Have more self esteem and confidence. Also going to Barbados in May and would love to be able to wear a bikini and look good in shorts
xxx

I need to be slim for my sisters wedding, and her spa weekend, and the dress fittings..

And I turn 30 in December, and mean to start the decade as I mean to go on - slim!

Loads of other reasons too, but won't start listing them lol!

I have been trying for a baby for nearly 3 years and need to get a low BMI to go on IVF waiting list and also because it's about time I lost the weight.

Need to be able to wear the clothes again that are hanging in the wardrobe, and to feel good about myself again

Want to banish the binge-eat demons, have more energy and feel good in my own skin... have never looked at my issues before, always just on losing a bit of weight, and past diets have never succeeded for long. As soon as I start to feel better about my weight I sabotage it all and find myself back to the start again - with a little more weight creeping on each time. Identify with DizzyDeb's post - so many reasons! This time I am going to get to goal and stay there, and work out how to stop the sabotage!
xx

For me it's just that i've had enough of moaning about being fat and finally decided to do something about it. A friend of mine lost 3 stone on LL in just a few weeks and i thought i'd research it...i ended up doing CD though instead and i'm so glad i did. I even managed to lose a futher 8lbs over xmas and NY so i'm well chuffed considering i went a bit crazy with the food! :eek:

I am also planning a wild trip to Las Vegas for the summer of 2010 and i hope to have a whole new body by then. I can't remember the last time i was smaller than a size 18 so i'm hoping i will make it to a size 12, but who knows, even in my teens i dont remember ever being a size 12 so fingers crossed i will make it! :)

Still a long way to go for me, but i am thrilled by the weight loss so far so i just need to keep motivated and concentrate on my long term goal. :D

My weight has been the only thing about me that's been depressing. If I sort it out my life will be as near perfect as possible.
Too tired of having to hide my fat arms and thunder thighs.
Tired of being the chubby friend with a pretty face.
Big massive holiday in 6 months time and I really want to have a good time.
My bf has a pretty high flying job with lots of events and I want to share all those experiences with him but I never feel like I fit in so I always make up excuses not to go.

Have just turned 40 and don't want to be like this when I'm 50!!! I'd also like to try for a 4th and last baby and at my age its kinda now or never. I was pregnant 2 years ago and got to 18 weeks before I went in to labour and unfortunately lost the baby boy I was carrying. I'm no heavier now than I was then but I know that loosing this extra person I'm carrying will make me so much healthier. When I lost the baby my weight was never mentioned as a factor but I can't help but wonder......

I'd also like to be able to wear lovely clothes and accompany my husband to some of the many work functions I'm invited to but never go to. I'd like to be able to play in the snow with my kids, go skiing with them and take them swimming without worrying about who else might be there.

So many reasons to loose the weight........

Wow reading some of these has bought a tear to my eye.. :( I identify with them so much..

My main reason is I have a 3 year old son and a 2 year old grandson, I want to live long enough to see them grow into young men and also be fit and supple enough to play with them now...

I've lost 4 stone already and it has made such a difference, here's to the next 4 :)

I want to be happy in my skin which in turn will allow be to wear what I want and do what I want. Freedom - bliss!!

xx

Easy peasy answer! I'm having a tummy tuck this coming April so need to shift the last couple of stone, the smaller I am, the better the results! That's given me the best motivation ever! Can't wait to show off my very first flat stomach in Mexico this August!! xx

I want to be able to wear clothes I like, not just ones that fitm and feel good about myself, I also want to rub my boyfriends ex's nose in it, as shes always calling me fat, even though shes not a small girl! lol

The heaviest I have been is 14stone - I went down to 9stone 9 with weightwatchers in 2004 but then by 2008 I was 12stone 7 again. I know how great I felt at 9 stone 9 so I would like to be back at that weight..
2nd reason is I am getting married in July and my dress is coming back very soon for a fitting!

because I deserve it!

I want to be a size 14, I want to be healthier, I want to able to buy clothes from most shops, I want to not stand out in a crowd.....I don't want to be the token fat person!

Back