What are your reasons?

isa24

Hello,

I have many reasons why I want to lose weight, I want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin, I want more energy and to feel my age not 50 years older than what I am.
I want to be able to go in to river island, topshop, french connection etc and be able to buy something in there, anything as long as it fits me.

But most of all I want to find love, I know if a someone loves you than they should love you no matter what you look like and thats true but for me because I dont feel at all comfortable or confident as I am then I would never approch a man, so I'm not losing weight for a man but to have the guts to find one.
I just wondered what other people reasons were, I'm sorry if I have been a bit to honest and nosey!!!:)

A little about me as, I am 25, 5ft 7 and 20 stone so I have between 9 and 10 stone to lose, I have done this diet before quit a few times but I have never taken it seriously therefore my weight has crept up and up and now I am here and its started to get a bit serious, my legs hurt I have no energy i feel humungous and I feel older than my years.
You are all doing so well, which is spurring me on so thank you in advance!!!

Isa x x x:D

thats a perfectly good reason to diet. as long as you know that you have got to do it for yourself.

i wasnt 20 stone, but i was 16 and a half and i wasnt very confident, so i know what you are going through.... but now as my weight lowers i feel my confidence building, so its fab. and i can honestly say im much happier in myself now that its going....

i wish you luck in finding that happiness and confidence.... :)

i am losing weight because i want to get into my dream wedding dress.... my husband and i got married 3 years ago. and my dress wasnt all that nice... and it didnt fit properly so i had buldgey bits everywhere!!! we are having a wedding reception (finally can afford it and take the time off to do it) in australia where i am from, and i will be able to wow all the people who have not seen me in years... and they all done know i am losing weight... now i have ordered my dream size 12 wedding dress and i have 9 weeks to get into it.. (roughly a size 14 at the moment.. ) so i know i can do it...

but above all that i want to start trying for a baby... and i look at some of my firends piccies who are not skinny but not over weight and they have such lovely baby photos with them, and even the horrid hospital ones where you dont really want your photos taken.. i dont want to be fat in those photos. i want to be a yummy mummy. i want to be able to wear clothes from any store, and not have to feel embarresed even looking at them let alone walking in the store with all the skinny people.....

Great reasons you both have there.

My reasons are to feel confident in myself, to be able to fit into clothes from River Island, Jane Norman, Topshop and actually look nice in the clothes. I'm currently a size 16/18 and ideally want to be at least a size 12 (10 would be better though).

I want to be able to have fun with my daughter and be able to run around playparks and do some other activities with her that I can't really do at the moment.

I know I can do it as long as I put my mind into doing it. x

and im sure you can!! anybody can achieve what they set thier minds to :)

My reasons are : I want to feel sexy again , for myself and also my partner when he met me i was 10st 4lb and since having babies ive gone up to 16st , (Im know 12st 2lbs ) so he is already enjoying the changes :). I want to beable to have my photo taken with out me hiding behind someone or getting so upset its unreal ! Im sick of being the chubby one or being refered to as the pretty fat one ! I want my children to stop calling me fatty mommy even though they arent being cruel it hurts inside !

Snap....

Hi Isa

I read your post and I just felt I had to contact you. When I read your post, everything you said I could have written and currently feel. My reasons are exactly the same, it was spooky!

I am 27, 5ft 6 and started at 20st 7lbs so I have just over 9 stone to lose before I hit BMI 25, 133lbs. I restarted this diet on 31 August and in two weeks, I have lost 16lbs, 1st 2lbs.

I just wanted to say good luck and thank you for not making me feel quite so alone in this.

Hannah

I hate being fat and never has issues with my weight until I got pregnant. I just want to get rid of the baby weight so I can start eating again with treats every so often. :D I also want to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Blimey the list is as long as my arm, couldn't wear nice clothes, looked awful, felt awful, so very unhealthy, problems with my joints, looked 10 years older than I actually was and I was practically a recluse. When you weigh 27st life is very difficult.

I would love to walk into a shop and pick something up and wear it because I love it not because it fits. I want to wear high heels. I adore heels but you just can't wear them when you're 27st. I want run and dance my arse off in a club, I want to turn heads for the right reason ;), I want to go in a hot air balloon and do anything and everything that comes my way. I want to say 'yes' instead of 'no'.

I want to do it for my lovely Dad who died last year, and almost 9st later I am doing it :D.

I totally hear what you’re all saying plus:

No one will ask when my baby is due, when I’m not pregnant (unlike last year)
Buy lingerie
Look good in swimwear (go on holidays - being fat is why we did not go away this year)
Fit into designer clothing (will go shopping)
Get my mojo back
Make my husband proud
Stop my mother nagging/helping
Just begin to live life & enjoy it instead of hiding inside all the time.

We’re all doing something about it now though which is great.

My re-joining weight is 12 st 13lbs, I am 36 and a size 14/16. I spent the whole summer fannying around with WW, drinking too much wine at BBQs and subsequently eating too much. It may seem that I don't have too much to lose, but I feel pants in myself, and I know I always feel fantastic on CD. Three days in and I feel like a new woman already.

My reasons are that I want to be able to run around after my children without feeling my whole body wobble, I want to feel and look sexy for my darling husband who has put up with so many years of me saying "do I look really fat???", I want to be able to walk into any shop and pick up any size 12 and know it will fit me, and my main reason............... I don't still want to be like this when I reach 40!

OTM x

Your reasons ring so true to me too

But my biggest reason is want to stop putting my life on hold... I keep saying... I'll meet up with old friends when I'm thin, I'll go to pole fit with my friends when I'm thin, I'll go on a night out when i'm thin....

For nearly 5 years I've been saying this (and I'm only 26) Now my entire life hasnt been on hold but there is always something stopping me letting go fully.. I get on a plane and worry - am i going to have to ask for a belt extensioner... the food on the plane comes round but my tray doesnt sit flat, I immediately offer to hold my son so everyone else can eat and I dont have to try and pull my tray down, I dance somewhere - I immediately look around to see if anyone is laughing at the fat woman joggling about everywhere, I can't eat in public in case people look at me and wonder why I am eating because I'm fat enough, I refuse to go shopping with friends as half the clothes shops in our town dont do my size, I take my little boy to football and cant run around like all the other mum and dads, I dont want to get a spray tan anymore as it means being naked in front some one, I'm even as stupid to think that I can't get my nails done because i bite them and I don't want the beautican to think that I resort to eating my own fingernails cause I'm that fat and hungry...

I'm sat here in tears now, I've never admitted anyof this before to anyone. Anyone who meets me thinks that I'm some confident woman who doesn't give 2 hoots about what people think about her but it's all an act x

Your reasons ring so true to me too

But my biggest reason is want to stop putting my life on hold... I keep saying... I'll meet up with old friends when I'm thin, I'll go to pole fit with my friends when I'm thin, I'll go on a night out when i'm thin....

For nearly 5 years I've been saying this (and I'm only 26) Now my entire life hasnt been on hold but there is always something stopping me letting go fully.. I get on a plane and worry - am i going to have to ask for a belt extensioner... the food on the plane comes round but my tray doesnt sit flat, I immediately offer to hold my son so everyone else can eat and I dont have to try and pull my tray down, I dance somewhere - I immediately look around to see if anyone is laughing at the fat woman joggling about everywhere, I can't eat in public in case people look at me and wonder why I am eating because I'm fat enough, I refuse to go shopping with friends as half the clothes shops in our town dont do my size, I take my little boy to football and cant run around like all the other mum and dads, I dont want to get a spray tan anymore as it means being naked in front some one, I'm even as stupid to think that I can't get my nails done because i bite them and I don't want the beautican to think that I resort to eating my own fingernails cause I'm that fat and hungry...

I'm sat here in tears now, I've never admitted anyof this before to anyone. Anyone who meets me thinks that I'm some confident woman who doesn't give 2 hoots about what people think about her but it's all an act x

Stoke girl that has brought tears to my eyes, I hear you girlfriend, especially the bit where everyone knows you as the confident one when inside your so lonely and shy. I too have that personna and will often make the joke about my size before anyone else can, and really i am dying inside. I used to be slim and sadly due to hubby being ill for 10 years and the effects of this i have used food as a replacement for attention/love and my weight has yo yo'd to spectacular results. I changed jobs 4 years ago and coupled with giving up smoking i have really packed it on and now i am in hiding. I won't even shop in my local supermarket, go out in my local town or see old friends as i couldn't bear anyone realising how much weight i have put on. Two months ago I bumped into an ex colleague in London at a tube station and his first words were "blimey girl youve packed it on a bit!" I was mortified but just laughed with him when really i wanted to curl up disappear. I need to stop wasting anymore of my life and get healthy. I am only 37. We are doing this for ourselves and that is what makes me believe we will see it through and maintain. The best of luck with your weightloss and remember you are not alone.
Dolly x

I want to feel happier in my own skin and not be conscious of my wobbly bits! I also dance and LOVE doing big dramatic drops and lifts, but don't feel it's fair on my partner when I'm heavy (even though he *claims* that it's a not a problem - when your OH grunts as he lifts you it's a little demoralising!!), and I also have horses and have a youngster who's been out on loan but is coming back at Christmas, so I wanted to lose weight to bring her back into work.

I'm also a teacher, and so it's essential that I look and feel confident whenever I'm in front of a class, and I personally find that when I am slimmer, I am more confident in all areas of my life.

I'm 27 and am hopefully getting married within the next couple of years (if OH'll still have me!!) and don't want to be a fat bride, and finally I am likely to have IVF when we have children due to me being a carrier for a genetic problem and so having a much healthier BMI will greatly improve our chances of it actually working.

As you can see, I have a lot riding on this weight loss thing, so plenty of incentive to keep it up!

Back