What are your staple syns?

Recently my syns are going on
vimto ice lollys
lindt mini eggs
savoury rice/couscous
ryvita fruit crunch
sugar free jelly....
cant think of much else!!

Ryvita fruit crunch are delicious! They are like Ryvita but... with fruit in them, lol. You can have 2 as a HEB or they are 3 syns each and TOTALLY worth it.

mine go on gravy once or twice a week
tesco meringue nests 2.5 syns
tesco low fat fruit yogurt 2.5 syns
pesto
ex low fat mayo.
options choc drink
that is about i but i am sure when i am living back in the UK i will be trying all these lovely goodies you talk about !!!

Hmm well I also don't have a 'set' routine how i use my syns. At the end of the day variety is the spice of life hey!

But this week my syns have been spent on:
Red wine
HP Fruity sauce
Ex light mayo
Small bag of crisps usually 5 syns ish
Cereal bars
toffee crisp.

my staples are - curly wurly's (6 syns each) and Gravy (syns vary!!!)

these are the most regular ones - :D xx

I tend to use mine at night so I can feel naughty without being naughty :D. I tend to have:

fun size maltesers - 5.5
milky way magic stars - 3.5
curly wurly - 6
wine - 6
white choc options - 2.5
alpen light -3

If I use them for meals, I'll generally use:

ex light mayo - 0.5
olives - 1
gravy - 2
honey/sugar on breakfast - 1
extra milk (if not hexa) - 0.5

I regularly use my syns on the following:

Walkers French Fries - 4 syns (multipack bag)
Ketchup 1 syn per tbls
Salad cream 2 syns per tbls
Flora extra light 0.5 per teaspoon
2 finger kit kat 5.5 syns
magnum mini 8.5
Hartleys low sugar jelly pot 0.5 syn

Heinz Extra Light Salad Cream
Walkers Baked
Freddos
Cherry Mullerlights
Sweet Chilli Sauce/Oyster Sauce/Honey in stir fries
mini Calippos (they're made from calipers and hippos :D) / Twisters
gravy occasionally

Not all of these every day, obv!

Hadn't realised that Milky Way magic Stars were only 3.5 a bag. Bargain! And easier to find than Freddos.

"Calipers and hippos" lol...Eddie rocks. Fact!

I like to mix it up with my syns as much as possible but here are some of my regulars:
  • Ketchup - always a winner! I love it on bacon sarnies, with fried eggs, quorn sausage butties, SW chips, mashed potato, etc. I've even been know to add it to tomato sauces, as the sweetness brings out the flavour of the tomatoes.
  • Chocolate - not a mahoosive chocaholic but I do love a bit most days. Helps me feel like I'm not 'dieting'. At the moment I'm digging Caramel Freddo Frog bars, and I also love a 2-finger kit kat, a wispa, some good quality dark chocolate, maltesers. And Creme Eggs. How I love a Creme Egg. Like CP, I will sacrifice syns the rest of the day in order to have a fondant-filled chocolate egg of wonder.
  • Scan bran - I can't eat 5, so I will have one or two and syn them. I love the magic that fibre works on my system :giggle:
  • Walkers French Fries - I'm not a big crisp muncher but I do enjoy the odd bag of these now and again. Worcestershire Sauce flavour is my favourite, closely followed by S&V.
  • Wine - I have cut down the drinking a LOT, but I do still enjoy the odd glass. I adore wine. I love the taste and smell, and the huge variety of wines out there to try.
  • Reduced fat creme fraiche - so versatile.
  • Eating out - might seem a bit vague and obvious, but 'Im Indoors and I love eating out; at fancy restaurants, not so fancy restaurants and our local curry house! It's such a big part of our lives that it's important for me to use some syns on that.
Other things I spend syns on include:
  • Olive oil for cooking
  • Ice cream (Ben & Jerry's chocolatey one at the cinema, the lower fat version. Lush)
  • Real butter
  • Bagels (I have a bagel addiction; we can't buy a packet any more, otherwise I'd demolish them)
  • Cornflour
  • Baking (I bake proper things and syn up accurately)
  • Innocent Vegpots - delicious and totally worth the syns when I am in a rush at work and stuck for ideas
Things I'd never bother using syns on:
  • Full fat fizzy drinks - I just don't see the point.
  • McDonalds/Burger King - although these places have their purpose and I've been know to sample their wares from time to time (2 Quarter Pounders, fries and a diet coke please!:eek:) I haven't succumbed since starting SW (I don't think so anyway, not that I can remember!). I just can't justify the syns. I'd rather make my own burger and SW chips, or if eating out, go somewhere for a 'proper' burger.
  • Pies/pasties - I am not a huge fan of pastry of the puff variety anyway and so pasties and the such like from Greggs et al just do nothing for me, and I don't get them. Unlike when I was a fat muncher and would eat them anyway, even though I didn't like them that much. That said, being Northern, I do like a proper meat and potato (or butter) pie. The best accompaniment for said pie being a slice of white bread, buttered, used to make a pie butty, garnished with a hefty dollop of ketchup. I am digressing. I don't use syns on pies any more! LOL!
  • Chippy tea - I do love chippy chips, especially with gravy and a buttered barm, however, I just can't bring myself to eat them! I know I could if I syn them properly but I just can't do it.
Hereth end the longest post I've done for yonks!

before i started sw i could do without chocolate, but now i tend to crave it. i would say about twice a week i use about 5syns a time on some chocolate (usually either mini eggs or chocolate buttons)

champagne

olive oil

olives

actimel fat free every day

gravy sometimes

parma ham

WW sausages

• Ice cream (Ben & Jerry's chocolatey one at the cinema, the lower fat version. Lush)
OMG I have just discovered this and it is AMAZING! They also do frozen yogurt versions of Cherry Garcia and Strawberry Cheesecake (my absolute favourite)

I weigh out 100g and eat it sllllooooowwwwllllyyy with the tiniest teaspoon. A bit expensive at £3.99 a tub from Tesco's but so worth it (and if my husband even looks at the tub, I prepare to stab him- IT'S MINE, GODDAMMIT)

I tend to use mine at night so I can feel naughty without being naughty :D. I tend to have:

fun size maltesers - 5.5

I bought a funsize multi pack for me and the other SW'ers at work, went onto the SW website to work out the syns for each and then we put a little post it on the pack so we know!

Anyway...got to working out syns for the funsize maltesers, and on the SW website they only have the value for a 21.5g pack of maltesers (5.5 syns)...the funsize pack is 19g! So I used the info on the back of the packet to work out the value for a funsize pack of maltesers and its actually...

3.5 syns!!!! :D

[/LIST] OMG I have just discovered this and it is AMAZING! They also do frozen yogurt versions of Cherry Garcia and Strawberry Cheesecake (my absolute favourite)

I weigh out 100g and eat it sllllooooowwwwllllyyy with the tiniest teaspoon. A bit expensive at £3.99 a tub from Tesco's but so worth it (and if my husband even looks at the tub, I prepare to stab him- IT'S MINE, GODDAMMIT)

They are stunningly good aren't they! I don't think I could trust myself with full tubs in the house, but if I lose this week, I think that will be my treat. Boyfriend can have his own full-fat icecream and better not touch mine, or risk being stabbed with my teaspoon!

I probably spent my syns mostly on (highest to lowest)

*Vodka - I take 30 syns out of my allowance at the beginning of the week for vodka at the weekend.

*Chocolate - funsize magic stars, or chocolate a nibble when im out...get home and am horrifyed at the syns of =s

*Sauces - EL Mayo (0.5 syn per tbsp), Reggae Reggae Sauce )1 syn per tbsp), Ketchup (1 syn per tbsp)!

*Crisps - French Fries/Quavers/Skips...or sometimes if i have lots of spare syns, weigh out a 7syn portion of proper crisps...thai sensations or kettle chips!

Also occasionally on the 1 or 2 syn pasta n sauces, or quorn chicken burgers, low fat sausages.

I'll never waste syns on oil. Ever since realising fry light does the job just as well, I dont want to waste a single syn of HE on it! This is much to the dis taste of my mum though! I also wont spend syns on something thats a HE. If i've had my allowance of cheese or bread for that day...im not having anymore cheese or bread!

However i'm discovering alpen light bars and the new fibre plus bars (1 as a HEB and SO chocolatey!). So this could change! x

Back