What are your top weight loss tips??

Walter Bishop said:
Ha ha! Course you can, I love your quote too, I am a sucker for a good inspirational quote!

I knew as I didnt have a vast amount to lose to get into the healthy weight range for my height that it wouldnt be a speedy loss but I am fine with that. As I have been doing the plan since the beginning of August, its second nature to eat this way now whereas if I had managed to lose it quickly it would have been easier to slip back into my old ways.

I have just read a quote in a magazine on a Nike advert for running (told you!) that said "A 10 minute mile is just as far as a 6 minute mile. Run easy.' That sums it up for me! :D

That's a good one too !!
I've got 5 st to lose but I'm more than happy to plod along because I know the longer it takes the more likely I will keep it off !!

TRICKYTREE said:
So did I...and people say 'i've only lost a pound'....well done!!

Fantastic , I'm going to Zumba tomorrow in my Wii so I shall see if that helps !!

A LESSON LEARNED!!!!!

:D:D:D great tips you guys!!
I have just got back on the wagon after 6 months of excuses!! and what did the excuses get me? 2 stone back on!!:cry::cry::cry: But i fully knew what I was doing so why did i do it? Because even thought i am a successful dieter it dose not mean I have got rid of my eating demond's, I do need to remember why i was overweight in the first place! I think I was too strict with myself when i was loosing and i got to more or less the weight i wanted to be then thought i could control my greed, i was so wrong!! So if you do have a off day it dose not matter, just get back on track the next day!! Lost 4lb this week so back on track now!! :break_diet:

Walter Bishop said:
1. Trust the plan - try not to be tempted to tweak it
2. Note down everything you have eaten, not writing it down doesnt mean it wont count!
3. Accept you will have some days that are higher in syns than others, its a fact of life and doesnt mean you have fallen off the wagon and might as well have that take away/chocolate/crisps/pizza* (*delete as applicable)
4. Dont ever eat foods you dont like because you think you 'should' - theres no way you will stick to it long term if you do.
5. Use your food diary to identify trends and reasons for losses or gains.
6. Accept you are not perfect - some days are harder than others.

Thanks Walter Bishop for these. Sound advice. No 1 rings true for me as a newbie. Can I really lose weight eating this much food? I am just trying to get to grips with . How is it that free foods when combined into desserts can suddenly have syns? Or have I misunderstood?

lizzielipps said:
It's 1lb of body fat!! totaly gross!!! so when we have a winge about only loosing 1lb think at least it's one of these gone!!!! lol

:eatdrink012:

What a brilliant way of looking at small losses. So easy to get disheartened otherwise. Where did you get the picture? Wouldn't it be great to have a fat mountain to log cumulative losses. Bags of sugar just don't do it for me!

What a brilliant way of looking at small losses. So easy to get disheartened otherwise. Where did you get the picture? Wouldn't it be great to have a fat mountain to log cumulative losses. Bags of sugar just don't do it for me!

googled it!! yes it's great to think that we are dissolving one of these off our body's every pound we loose!! bring on the lean muscle!!!!:character00116::character00116:

xMandyDx said:
Wow teen!! Well done!

I would say... do try to write everything down. There might be a syn or two you forgot earlier when you reach for that treat. Plus seeing how much (or in some cases, how little!) you're actually eating can be very informative.
There are some days I'll look at my food diary and think... Hmmm... I can do better than this!

I had a bad weekend though yeah a bad day its not too bad I was totally honest wrote everything down and syns for 5 days 130.5 :(

Totally agree syns creep in! I'm now posting as I eat! On minimins app it's easy to post food diary as you go and keep updating it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Plenty of high fibre foods helps too ;)

thanks for all the tips, some great points x

Thanks for starting this thread. It is very good read to get motivated!!!!

Back