• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What bread do you go for?

Since starting SW Ive only had the Warburtons wholemeal 400g loaf which I use 2 slices as my HEb.

We dont always have all stock in our tesco but I do find the Warburtons loaf very thin, a bit like cardboard :eek: & wondered if anyone buys a different loaf thats a little more filling but still 2 slices for a B choice?

(I know what you're going to say Vixxster but they don't sell it in my Tesco) :p

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
:D

They don't sell it in mine either, if i can't get it I do go for another Nimble loaf though, they are quite tasty and doughy, especially compared to WW paper bread.

I will succeed!!!
I like the WW white/brown but prefer nimble....yummy!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Those Tesco healthy living 57g buns are pretty good too, quite substantial, specially since you can have 2 of them for your 2 HE if you want!

I was going with the Warburtons wholemeal, but also found that not that great; so I have also tried the Hovis Wholemeal and the Nimble wholemeal.

I tend to go with the Nimble now, but Hovis Wholmeal I have found to be a reasonable backup if I can't get it (although if you syn it, it's 1/2 syn extra per slice).

Although if I can get it, I may just be attempting to join Vixxster now. I will have to go on a hunt at the weekend.

Jacqui
x

Has to be Nimble as I'm not a bread fan and this seems to be the only one I can eat oh that and we are limited to either German bread - yuck and our Naffi don't always have bread and Nimbles always left on the shelf so that works well for me

Allinson Wholemeal 400g loaf is really nice and think and is in the HEB list online if I remember correctly. I tried the Warburtons and it was almost like paper compared to the Allinson loaf!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I always use WW wholemeal thicker bread - it 2 slices for a HEXB, it toast's really well and holds a sandwich filling without the bread breaking up, taste's alright too, it's 65p a loaf at Asda at the moment.

:D

.....they are quite tasty and doughy, especially compared to WW paper bread.
Hey,

You insulta my WW paper bread you insulta me :p:mad:;)

I love the Danish Malted - especially toasted cos it goes all crispy and crunchy - not quite a crisp surrogate but comes fairly close :)

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Hey,

You insulta my WW paper bread you insulta me :p:mad:;)

I love the Danish Malted - especially toasted cos it goes all crispy and crunchy - not quite a crisp surrogate but comes fairly close :)
haha shall we go all Harry Hill and get our respective breads and go "Who will win? There's only one way to find out.... FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTT!" :flirt2:

No point, I know I'd win hands down :flirt2:

lol! how did i know vixxster was going to post on here?! if i could find the elusive white nimble id have that but as it is i stick with what i can find which is usually the warburtons brown 400g loaf - not particularly appetising