What bread do you go for?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LisaC, 29 October 2009.

1. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

Since starting SW Ive only had the Warburtons wholemeal 400g loaf which I use 2 slices as my HEb.

We dont always have all stock in our tesco but I do find the Warburtons loaf very thin, a bit like cardboard :eek: & wondered if anyone buys a different loaf thats a little more filling but still 2 slices for a B choice?

(I know what you're going to say Vixxster but they don't sell it in my Tesco) :p
  2. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

They don't sell it in mine either, if i can't get it I do go for another Nimble loaf though, they are quite tasty and doughy, especially compared to WW paper bread.
  3. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

I like the WW white/brown but prefer nimble....yummy!
  4. Vixxster

Those Tesco healthy living 57g buns are pretty good too, quite substantial, specially since you can have 2 of them for your 2 HE if you want!
  5. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

Thats a good idea!! I find them more filling so may try that x :)
  6. DisneyMumma

DisneyMumma Well-Known Member

I was going with the Warburtons wholemeal, but also found that not that great; so I have also tried the Hovis Wholemeal and the Nimble wholemeal.

I tend to go with the Nimble now, but Hovis Wholmeal I have found to be a reasonable backup if I can't get it (although if you syn it, it's 1/2 syn extra per slice).

Although if I can get it, I may just be attempting to join Vixxster now. I will have to go on a hunt at the weekend.

7. pinktiger

pinktiger Well-Known Member

Has to be Nimble as I'm not a bread fan and this seems to be the only one I can eat oh that and we are limited to either German bread - yuck and our Naffi don't always have bread and Nimbles always left on the shelf so that works well for me
  8. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Well-Known Member

Allinson Wholemeal 400g loaf is really nice and think and is in the HEB list online if I remember correctly. I tried the Warburtons and it was almost like paper compared to the Allinson loaf!
  9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

I always use WW wholemeal thicker bread - it 2 slices for a HEXB, it toast's really well and holds a sandwich filling without the bread breaking up, taste's alright too, it's 65p a loaf at Asda at the moment.
  10. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

Excellent thanks ladies :) x
  11. Hamsterjam

Hamsterjam Out to lunch

You insulta my WW paper bread you insulta me :p:mad:;)

I love the Danish Malted - especially toasted cos it goes all crispy and crunchy - not quite a crisp surrogate but comes fairly close :)
  12. Vixxster

haha shall we go all Harry Hill and get our respective breads and go "Who will win? There's only one way to find out.... FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTT!" :flirt2:
  13. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

:8855: x
  14. Hamsterjam

Hamsterjam Out to lunch

No point, I know I'd win hands down :flirt2:
  15. lesserme

lesserme shrinking granny

I just dont eat bread now.

I find it bloats me
  16. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

I reckon she could be a feisty one!! Hamsterjam!! :p
  17. Mel1981

Mel1981 Well-Known Member

Nimble wholemeal for me :)
  18. missmalibu

missmalibu Well-Known Member

lol! how did i know vixxster was going to post on here?! if i could find the elusive white nimble id have that but as it is i stick with what i can find which is usually the warburtons brown 400g loaf - not particularly appetising
  19. pamella

pamella Well-Known Member

i always had hovis wholemeal 400 too but this week ventured onto ww danish brown and it was scrummy but next week i might test out the vexxters nimble!!
  20. eternity

eternity Well-Known Member

I always have WW brown Danish because you get 3 slices for a HEB - and it's nice too.