• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What can I eat for lunch, out in town?

Hi, we're going out today soon with some friends and are going to be out during lunch so will probably stop off somewhere. Normally we'd have a subway or a mccy dees but I want something that won't cripple my day! Any suggestions? I was hoping the 'low fat' subways might be ok but they're still way over the syn allowance :(

Any ideas ?

Emerald
X

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi, You don't say if your on a red or a green day? On green days I get a jacket spud and beans from a van in town. If we go to the pub I try to have a pasta dish with tomato based sauce.
On original days I struggle a bit. M&S do a nice tuna and edame bean salad. At the pub I will have a chicken cesar salad with the dressing on the side. Or I suppose you could have a burger without the bun but I'm guessing that would still be loads of syns due to the fat.
hth, lx

Thanks everyone. Off out now. Not on either day as had a neutral breakfast. I'd forgotten about jacket potatoes, we have a spud u like type place so hopefully they won't mind going there and I can have a green day, or an idea I had was maybe one of those all day breakfast type places and I could go for bacon and eggs (although the fat may be an issue?).

Thanks for the ideas!!

Emerald
X

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
I usually go for gammon steak with a small jacket spud for a red day.

Jacket spud with beans is ideal for a green day!

Good luck

Thanks everyone! I had a jacket with cottage cheese and chives and a pepsi max. It was the first moment since starting 2 1/2 weeks ago that I've felt a bit bummed out by the diet because everyone else had burger king!! But I was good, my meal was less than £3 so cheaper than what they all had too and was probably a lot more filling. I had a solero too whilst they had white magnums, but I didn't feel like I was missing out on that one cos soleros are so tasty. Glad I didn't cave and go with the BK as the jacket was nice (although not AS nice....!) and I've stuck to the plan. Had a great day :)

Emerald
X

Well done, sorry I read your diary before this thread, so did ask what you had to eat - gold start for you..
When is your WI??

Yeah I said to my hubby last night 'man I could have really gone for the Burger king earlier!!' but I would have regretted it now. I'm not normally one of those mililtant dieters and do believe even on a diet you should enjoy yourself but at the moment I'm feeling so desperate to lose the weight and so unhappy about my body that I need the focus. This place is really helping with that so thankyou everyone. I WI on thursday :)

Emerald
X