What can I have with my curries?

Jue xx

I have several great low-carb recipes for curries, which all my family enjoy, but I'm fed up of having curry and salad whilst the rest of the family have theirs with rice and naan bread! Salad just isn't the same, and lettuce is no good for mopping up all the lovely sauces!

Does anyone have any suggestions to low-carb alternatives to rice and naan bread? Any low carb naan bread recipes?

:sign0009:

I used to have curries and chilli with mushrooms ... I just chopped the mushrooms into quite small pieces, then put them in a pan with a bit oil, stir, and let them cook in their own juices for five minutes or so.

No suggestions on naan bread I'm afraid but I found the mushrooms were a great low cal/carb alternative to rice!

Have you looked on the recipies thread...there is one for flax seed bread...maybe you could try that, throw in a few spices with it to make it feel a bit more naanish?? :confused: good luck!

Never tried flax myself...can't find it anywhere in supermarket!

On the recipe thread there's a recipe for cauli mash... would that be any good?

I found flax seed in sainsburys & holland & barrets if thats of any help?

you can make rice out of cauli to by grating it there is a recipe for cauli rice if you put it into google x

Hi,
I have my curry with oopsie rolls, on recipe thread, and egg fried beansprouts...........just as nice as egg fried rice.

Thanks for all the tips. I've been to Holland & Barratt today and bought some flaxseed (am I right in thinking this is the same as linseed?). I wish I'd looked through the recipes thread first though, because I only bought a small packet to try it first to see if I like it, but now I've seen how many uses there are for it I think I'll be going back for more this weekend!

Going to try a muffin in the morning (can't wait, sounds yummy!), then curry and flaxmeal bread on Saturday (and probably mushrooms too!). Ooopsie rolls look tempting too.

I don't usually miss the carbs when I'm cooking family meals - I generally cook something we can all eat, but I just don't have the potatoes or whatever - but I'm REALLY missing the rice and naans with my curries!

Back