Red Day What can I have with syn-free sausages?

cazie6

Need some inspiration now I've bought my syn-free sausages. What can I have to go with them other than chips/wedges?

Whatever you want basically!

BUt what about a sausage curry, or spicy sausage pasta?
Slicing them and putting them in a quiche?
There is a lovely recipe here for sausage and rosemary risotto if you do a search.
Toad in the hole?
Sausage and bean hotpot?
Sausage and lentil stew?

Have you got any carrot and swede as then you could cook these and mash them, a good alternate to mashed potato.
Definately agree re the sausage casserole - i simple sliced up the sausages put them in a casserole dish with onions and cook for 15 mins, then add tin of toms and baked beans and cook for 20 - 25 mins.

Thanks for your suggestions, the sausage casserole sounds yum! How many syns are in it though cos I thought beans weren't free on a red day? :)

Thanks for your suggestions, the sausage casserole sounds yum! How many syns are in it though cos I thought beans weren't free on a red day? :)

They are not free -
per 100g they are 4 syns for normal beans or 3.5 for healthy balance
(this is based on Heinz beans)

:)

Sorry I didn't notice you were asking for a red day. You can have beans as a HEB though so still a possibility.

We have our own recipe for spicy sausage pasta which is basically some tinned tomatoes (ones with chilli if you're feeling brave!), add onions peppers garlic and some paprika (or cayenne) along with a red chilli and that's pretty much it. Always goes down a treat here.

Thanks for your suggestions, I like the sound of the casserole and spicy sausage pasta :D
Caz xx

Please can you tell me where you get the syn free sausages from?

Hi Alice,

I got them from a butchers in Oswaldtwistle Mill near Blackburn, but there's a thread on here for Joe's Sausages which are syn-free, but you have to have a minimum order of 6 which works out to be quite expensive. There is a thread somewhere that Morrison's eat smart sausages are only 0.5 syns each so may be worth trying those if you don't want to travel/order huge amounts? Do a search of the forums and you will come up with lots of threads about it :)

You could have a breakfast sandwich. I made one this morning, hard boil a couple eggs, chop and mix with 1tbsp extra light mayo (½ syn), cook 1 rasher lean bacon and the sausage, and chuck it all in a sandwich (from HExB). Really good and filling too!

Hi Alice,

I got them from a butchers in Oswaldtwistle Mill near Blackburn, but there's a thread on here for Joe's Sausages which are syn-free, but you have to have a minimum order of 6 which works out to be quite expensive. There is a thread somewhere that Morrison's eat smart sausages are only 0.5 syns each so may be worth trying those if you don't want to travel/order huge amounts? Do a search of the forums and you will come up with lots of threads about it :)
thank you :)

Hi Alice,

The morrisons eat smart ones are delicious! £2.29 for sixteen if you buy the frozen ones. Yum!

Oh dear! I thought baked beans were free (whoops! I should've guessed really) I may now have sabotaged my first week! oh Well. Weigh in later will tell.

I like to do mine with a sweet potato mash and veggies. :D
Sausage caserole would be amazing though, never even thought of doing that on slimming world!

The morrisons eat smart ones are delicious! £2.29 for sixteen if you buy the frozen ones. Yum!

Oh dear! I thought baked beans were free (whoops! I should've guessed really) I may now have sabotaged my first week! oh Well. Weigh in later will tell.
Woopsie!

I hate the things myself, but I think b.beans are free if you're doing Extra Easy / Green

I added quorn sausage, bacon, tomato, potatoes and mixed with egg to make an omelette out of it with baked beans on the side. It really was delicious.

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

The Tesco Cumberland Light Choices chilled sausages are only 1 syn each and they taste EXACTLY like 'fat' sausages! :eek:)
great, thank you - will be getting me some of them!

Back