What CD means to me

Staffdieter

I am coming to the end of my CD journey, and thought I would reflect on how it has changed my life and potentially others, in the hope that this will serve as encouragement to others.

I have lost 4 and a half stone in all, over six months. I was measured for some clothes the other day and I had lost 10 inches of both my waist and my hips. My tights and gym trousers slip down, even when I buy lower sizes.

I reflect on the bad times, a trip to Centreparcs on SS which required massive will power, the smell of Sunday tea, most Sundays!!! The times that I only lost a pound even though I'd stuck rigidly to the diet. The time when I could not get minimims to load up on the computer!

I reflect on the people who have helped me, who haven't minded me sitting with a banana milk shake in the middle of a morning meeting, the people who have encouraged me by asking how I am getting on, my counsellor who has worked round some erratic appointment times, and my family who have not had home made bread for 6 months to stop me craving it.

The pay back has been enormous, for the first time in 45 years I am a regular at the gym! This has led to other members of my family joining as well so we are all getting healthier. I caught myself jumping up the stairs at work today, when I used to have to take deep breaths at the half way stage!!

A couple of my work colleagues have started diets, some of them following CD succesfully as well. To know you played a part in encouraging them is really worth while.

And so as I depart from the weight loss stage and move into stabalisation I am convinced the investment I have made in money and will power in CD has been absolutely worth it.

Here's to still being the same weight in 5 years time!!!!

briliant results, and good luck on keeping it off.

well done. its really nice to hear stories of peoples weight loss!

what a great read, total inspiration xx

fabulous staffdieter! you should be so proud...x

Well done on your journey and the measures you have taken ensuring success along the way. Your speech was inspiring and it is fabulous how your good efforts are helping others too.

Good Luck with upping the plans xxx

congratulations on ur massive weight loss, ur words are very inspiring..thanks for sharing.

Back