What Days Do You Like The Most?

Tim1505

My plan was to do them in order of original day, green day, extra easy day but after completing the original day tomorrows green day looks really boring.

I’m thinking to eliminate green day and just have original and extra easy days, what do you guys think?

You can do whichever days you want! All red, all green, all EE or any mixture of the above :)

I like red and green the best and do a mix of these with the very occasional EE thrown in.

Just try them all out and see which plan you like best / whatever fits your plans that day.

Good luck!

I started on extra easy and then tried the other plans and have decided that I will only do EE when I am going out and can't weigh portions. The rest of the time I will do green or red (I feel more in control). I thought I would like original/red the most but actually I really like green. Just do what you prefer but do try the others from time to time (I have changed my mind several times since starting a month ago LOL!).

I’ve decided to give the green day ago today even though I said I don’t think much of it.

Today includes:
Breakfast
2 Weetabix (HEB)
Alpen (HEB)
250ml Milk (HEA)

Lunch
Smash Pizza base
Quorn Mince
Low Fat Cheese (HEA)
Tomato puree, mushroom, onion, sweetcorn

Dinner
Fish and chips (2 syns)

Snack
Various fruit topped with muller light

If I can find more green day recipes like this I might just include the green day into my diet. I'm new to slimming world so maybe I just need more time to get used to the choices.

Tomorrow I'll be having KFC and chips on the easy day, I'm beginning to love this diet.

Hi, if you are doing green you need to have the fish as a hexb or syn. I notice you mention 2 syns but wasn't sure what that was for so just thought I'd point it out :)

I loooove red days, for being able to have chicken wrapped in bacon or a big fat steak... But at the moment my wallet appreciates green days ;)
Jacket Potato, with tuna in a bolognese style sauce - Use a HxB for the tuna
Or Quorn Mince, you can make a whole heap of mince or bolognese up and keep it in the fridge, just dip in when you're peckish...
Mmmm :) Might have that for my lunch actually!

What's your favourite thing to eat, Tim? And what do you particularly dislike?

What's your take on lentils? Lentil, spinach and sweet potato curry is gorgeous, really filling, and free on a green day :D

What's your take on lentils? Lentil, spinach and sweet potato curry is gorgeous, really filling, and free on a green day :D
Oh - sorry to hijack but could you tell me the recipe? I made a veggie shepherds pie with lentils this week and it was delicious so I am sold on lentils!

Hi, if you are doing green you need to have the fish as a hexb or syn. I notice you mention 2 syns but wasn't sure what that was for so just thought I'd point it out :)

Yep 2 syns are from the cod, i'll try to keep my syns to a minimum to push my weight loss, but will probably save them up for a takeaway once a week.

Auburn said:
I loooove red days, for being able to have chicken wrapped in bacon or a big fat steak... But at the moment my wallet appreciates green days ;)
Jacket Potato, with tuna in a bolognese style sauce - Use a HxB for the tuna
Or Quorn Mince, you can make a whole heap of mince or bolognese up and keep it in the fridge, just dip in when you're peckish...
Mmmm :) Might have that for my lunch actually!

What's your favourite thing to eat, Tim? And what do you particularly dislike?

I also loooove the red and I'll have to try chicken wrapped in bacon, I can already imagine how good it tastes, mmmmmm, I'm getting hungry now. I think it's lunch time.

My favorite foods are KFC, mcdonalds, burger king, pizza hut, ohhh and mums home made lasagne with loads of guwey mozzarella cheese.

Lentils, spinich and stuff is like food for girls. I am a man, I need meat Grrrrrrrrr. With all honesty I'll eat anything as long as its not raw tomatoes and I understand that I have to make certain compromises if I'm going to lose weight.

I weigh over 21 stones and i need to seriously push myself if I'm going to lose this weight. day 1 down, probably 364 more to go.

Red for me all the way, cant cope with ee, dont like salad etc. I do like a few green though when I feel a bit carbish ha ha

I do red/green couldn`t cope with EE. Started with EE but gave it up after abouth six weeks. Began to seriously crave cheese. With red/green you can have two hex`s on a & b. So I can still have milk in my tea and have a small piece of cheese!

hi
the recipe says it is 2 syns if using the cod as a healthy extra b so you may need to look at that one again

Prep time: approx 15 minutes plus marinating
Cook time: approx 35 minutes
Syns per serving:
2.5112*
(*Add 6 Syns if not using cod as a Healthy Extra )

hi
the recipe says it is 2 syns if using the cod as a healthy extra b so you may need to look at that one again

Prep time: approx 15 minutes plus marinating
Cook time: approx 35 minutes
Syns per serving:
2.5112*
(*Add 6 Syns if not using cod as a Healthy Extra )

Hello Kaz,

You are right. Luckily i didn't add any syns to today's plan.

By the way the pizza came out all wrong and stuck to my pizza tray (ended up having scrambled pizza for lunch) I won't be trying that again even though it tasted nice. took 1.5 hours to cook aswell.

Each to their own - personally I find red days tedious and I was always starving on them. On green I could have a different evening meal each night for months as there are so many different free foods at my disposal so no chance of it getting boring.

i love green days because they are cheaper to do.. and i find im fuller for longer .. also i find it easier as you can include pre packaged food like the pasta and sauce adn the low fat noodles which are handy if you cant be bothered cooking..
that said my fave red day meal is chicken stuffed with laughing cow wrapped in bacon or parma ham which makes it a couple of syns..MMMmmm that is devine!!!
never done ee days as i cant really get my head around it and im not a lover of loads of salad or lots of veg ..

I think you can make any day fabulously delicious or bland and boring depending on how much effort you put into making your food tasty! Green days aren't limited to potatoes and pasta, you can enjoy a HUGE array of delicious lentils and beans; puy lentil salads, chickpea stews on garlicky toast, couscous, bulgar wheat, omelettes, quiches etc! There are many many delicious meals to enjoy on green days! Don't forget that you can have meat, fish, chicken as an HE! Same goes for Red days lol, yummy roasts, hefty meaty sandwiches :drool: and Extra Easy days are just soooo simple and perfect for family cooking that I sometimes forget I'm slimming!

Back