What did you do in 2008

Wow, what an interesting year everyone has had, I'm really enjoying this thread.
My life has been mainly "more of the same" as the previous year. We have survived 2 children leaving school - one off to uni and the other into an apprenticeship at County Hall and we have finished our extention that we have been building for the last 2 years.

My 2008 has been one of the crappiest years. The begining of the year i was not sure i would have a job by the end of the year, but thankfully i have. I lost my father in law in july after a tough battle with cancer. My sister has been in and out of hospital with epilepsy, someone even stole her xmas shopping bag the other week while she was having a seziure. And to top the year off my OH got told his work went into administration on xmas eve. So the beginning of 2009 is going to be tough waiting to see whether he has a job or whether he is made redundant.
The good things this year are the 2 nieces and 1 nephew we got.
Hope everyone has a great 2009.
Nikki

2008 for me!

failed 4 driving tests!
lost a grand total of 52lb (45.5lb of it with SW)
joined a fab site called minimins!!
saved up £2k to buy a car! (first time saved so much lol)
sorted finances out!

but the question is what am i going to do in 2009!!

In 2008 I discovered that im good in a crisis! and totaly wasted as a PA

In January I held the hand of a lady who had fallen and broken her leg telling her jokes till the ambulance arrived

In March I held the hand of a man who had been clipped by a car on a crossing till the ambulance arrived

In April I saved a life after discovering a man who had collapsed in the street and getting him breathing and his heart started again

In July I sang rude chubby brown songs whilst stuck in a lift with a person who hates lifts just to distract them till they got us out

In 2008 I also discovered im a bit of a Jonah and things like people getting ran over or getting stuck in lifts always seem to happen when im around lol!

lol at Gene Genie, you really seem to be in the right place at the right time. Well done for cheering others up. Ever thought about changing your occupation? :)

My year wasn't that interesting. I stopped smoking in March (after about 30 years!) haven't touched a cigarette since. Still have cravings sometimes (especially after I have been told I will be made redundant with effect 29th Feb 09 :cry:) but I'll try to stay off the ziggies :)

B. xx

Wow, what a heart felt thread ,made me laugh and cry.
2008 for me was both good and bad
Bad .........hormone treatment for a year, causing severe depression and a muddled, confusion most of the time and much aggression.
Good.........kept it together at work and havent lost my job yet.
Walked to the summit of snowdon
24hrs later
walked to summit of ben nevis
Bought the most fantastic hippy van, but shes moody like me, and needs lots of money spent on her, all the time at the moment, but I love her.
walked to summit of scarfel pike.
Ran some of race for life, improved on last years time by 15minutes.

hilarious genegenie and well done on giving up the fags b2uuuuuu x

wow what a thread well for me started the year on a downer remembering the day my lo should have been born but sadly didnt make it
got fatter and decided to change in the last few months off the year joined sw ecember
did a course and had a sucessful interview and got a job working part time in creches and nurseries totally differant for me
enjoyed being a mum to my little boy aged 3 best thing that ever happened to me :)

In 2008 I ;
*Became a non-smoker! Kicking my 30 a day habbit, which all my friends and familly bet I couldn't do!
*Hiked up Ben Nevis for charity
*Cycled 65 miles for charity
*Got my 1st house with my lovely boyfriend (after living in tiny flat)

Gained 3stone!!! :cry:(I always yo-yo and I'm fed up with it) Boooo!
But here's to gettin rid of it in 2009!!

Back