What did you have for dinner?

not feeling great recently =[ so only eating small amounts so having some toasts with strawberry jam (4pp) for dinner tonight.

550g of new potatoes is 11 PP making 1/2 tin 275g is 6 PP not 3.....sorry :eek:
xx

this is the nutritional info from the tin of potatoes

Typical Values
One third of a drained can (115g) contains
Energy
330kJ (80kcal)
Protein
1.7g
Carbohydrate
17.4g
Fat
0.1g
Fibre
0.9g

this works out at 2 pp per serving and there are 3 servings in the can so unless i am working it out really wrong then there is definatly only 3 pp per half a can :confused:

Hmmmm

Perhaps its coz the tinned ones have added water or something, lowering the point content for the same weight?

The texture is certainly different to pots you've boiled yourself?!

Or does the values on the tin include the 'water' they're in in terms of the weight?!

Also confused!!

:eek:)

Hmmmm

Perhaps its coz the tinned ones have added water or something, lowering the point content for the same weight?

The texture is certainly different to pots you've boiled yourself?!

Or does the values on the tin include the 'water' they're in in terms of the weight?!

Also confused!!

:eek:)

I think she said it was 550g was with the water, so the potatoes themselves, once drained, would weigh less.

This is an interesting thread. I'm completly new to ww - first day today and have been trying to get my head around a meal plan for the week (inc. hubby and kids).

Can I ask - on the issue of tinned food and point values.
I am ww online as I live in France. Baked beans are slightly different here (certainly not as sweet and not sure I could convert back now). So thought I'd put in the stats in the calculator to see if they were the same as if I searched baked beans in food list.
Calculator said 1pp per serving
Baked beans in food list say 5pp per serving (which sounds quite a lot) I had a slice of toast with med. portion of bb (not a plate full)
I can buy one tin of baked beans here - no choice of brands, low salt, low cal etc....

Any advise here?

What do you think here?

Is there nutritional information on the tin?
I would almost certainly go with that information, as e-source is wrong quite a lot of the time!
:)

Thankyou both. Will make a habit of checking tins / calc. now.
This is harder than I thought!

I'm still not quite back on plan til Thursday morning, my dinner last night was a beautiful slow roasted lamb dish, in a red wine and shallot sauce, with mash, turnips, and veggies, with a completely off-plan chocolate cheesecake for dessert...
Tonight I'd better have a stirfry!
Tomorrow is my birthday - steak fajitas and cocktails for tea !
Hello pointing on Thursday.....!

Mmmmmm...love Hoisin sauce!!

Am off to bed otherwise I'll have to eat something else - have already succumbed to the egg custard, although convinced OH to share it with me, so only 3 pp!

:)

Back