What did your LO eat today (weaning)

just found this thread- very interesting. dylan is 11 and a half months

Welcome hun :)

Yeah I agree about milk, she will only take what she wants or needs.

Hollie today:

9.30- few spoons of porridge and hp apple and pear- 5oz milk.

1.00- Dairylea on toast, few carrot puffs, banana and mullerstar yogurt.

2.30- 4oz

5.30-Carrots, cauliflower, mash potato, peas and rice pudding.

Hollie enjoys a nice piece of garlic bread!

Teddy today was

B - Heinz banana yoghurt

L - 1/2 Heinz pumpkin and lamb stew, fromage frais

S - piece of a gingerbread man, couple of chocolate buttons Jesse gave him when I was occupied lol

D - carrot parsnip and sweetpotato mash with cheese, Ella's rice pudding with apple and mango

Will have maybe 1/2 a weetabix before bed and his milk x

Today Amelia's had
8 banana and strawberry porridge and milk

11 3 carrot puff organic snacks and juice

12.30 homemade chicken, carrot,turnip ,mash and gravy.
Jelly and fromage frais pot
Milk

4.30 homemade mince, veg mash and gravy
Milk

8.30 milk

Tomorrow I Am going to try and cut her 13.30 bottle of milk out as she having lots of food
Now throughout the days
And snacks and juice too so I am going to take her bottles down to three a day and see how we get on

dylan when from 4 bottles to 3 around 7 months- and has stayed the same since. once they start having plenty of foods at lunchtime they tend to not want milk till the afternoon. just try and see :)

yesterday dylan had:

b- weetabix wiv milk plus 8ox bottle

l- slice of toast wiv cream cheese, pieces of kiwi and banana, small bowl custard, 1/2 biccy

s- biccy plus 8oz bottle, couple of apple rice cakes during day

d- vegetarian sausage, mash, carrot, brocilli, gravy + 2 petit filous

8oz bottle at bedtime

You shouldn't be cutting her milk down at all. It is nutritionally complete and then you'll fill that gap with things that arnt. If I were you I'd cut the juice way before I thought about cutting milk.
Until age one milk is the most important!!!! Food is a supplement to that, it shouldn't take over until they are one! When she is ready to drop a bottle she will do it herself.

its whether or not she wants the milk at lunchtime. i never planned to take dylans bottle away, but after lunch he was full and starting drinking less than half this bottle so i stopped giving it him, clearly didnt need it anymore, and he enjoyed his afternoon milk more because of it :)

she may still need and want it, if she still drinks the whole bottle after her lunch then she clearly still needs it, if she fusses or drinks alot less at her next bottle then she may not need it anymore x

Teddy has 3 and the odd time 4 if he wakes in night,
If she is drinking less of it or fussing then maybe try without but if she still wants it then she needs it x

Cas - Jess is 3.5 and still has bedtime bottle lol

aw does she miss having the bottle? all the books now say no bottles just sippy cups after 12 months! crazy! dylan 1 soon couldnt imagine taking them off him so young lol x

That's what I wanted to do just keep Maisie's bottles for bedtime but it didn't work she wanted to drink from it all the time so we went cold turkey, not intentionally but we brought her another new cup and she's just forgot about her bottles, so we put them away out of sight but its been a week now so I've got rid of them. Yeah her bottle was a comfort thing really x

I often give Hollie a bit more milk during the evening or when's she unwell x

he's one on the 1st feb- not long! i no that what it says in the nhs book i got from the midwife, seems ridiculous lol x

They have loads of stupid advice so I don't listen lol. Only think with Jess is he falls asleep drinking his bottle so hard to get him off it, teddy I always from beginning make sure he has his milk half hour before bed so he doesn't associate it with falling asleep lol x

Not long till Dylan's birthday, Maisie will be 3 on 23rd feb, not sure what to do for her's yet.

Maisie likes to go to bed with milk, but she just as in a cup now (its a straw one which takes to bed), Hollie usually as her milk about an hr before bedtime. I have to admit I do get fed up with hv's, apparently when I was out the other day my neighbour saw them knocking, I have no idea why either x

aw i havent made any plans yets either and his bday next week... so unorganised

bit worried about getting dylan into that habit, he his bottle at bedtime right before he goes in his cot so hes all sleepy, i try to put him down whilst still awake tho so he doesnt associate milk with sleep x

Today I took away the dinner milk as Amelia used to have a full bottle and the last week and a half she has had less than half of the bottle so I thought I would try it today to see if she really needed it and she didn't even notice . So today she had

8 banana porridge and 7oz

Lil bit of cup of tea in sippy cup

12.45 mince,mash,veg and gravy
Apple and strawberry organic pudding
Juice (instead of bottle)

4.30 tuna mash and beans
Small petit filous yoghurt
5oz

8.30 12oz

Ted today -

B - 7oz milk, hipp fruit and pieces strawberry and apple pot

S - Hipp raspberry yoghurt

L - 1/2 Heinz cheesy pasta with ham, plum cheddar whole grain rings

S - couple milky bar buttons

4pm - 7oz milk

D - broccoli and cauliflower cheese

S - Ella's raspberry rice pudding

Bedtime - 7oz

reading back a few pages and noticed people putting up their daily routines so thought id post ours :)

7am wake
8am 8oz bottle
8.30 b- weetabix with milk
playtime (chore time :p)
11am nap
12.30 wake
1pm l- usually toast or sandwich, fruit yogurt etc
playtime, go out during afternoon, usually has a biccy at some point
3.30 8oz milk
more playtime for dylan (quite good at entertaining himself so can get things done)
5.30-6 d- usually meat, potato, veg + custard or pudding
more playtime!
7pm 8oz bottle then bedtime

drinks water bottle throughout day
has about 3 nappies during day
usually wakes once or twice, just pop his dummy in and he drops back off

Back