What did your LO eat today (weaning)

Hope everyone had a good v day!
I got a big bunch of roses, some reeses puffs cereal and lucky charms and root beer haha, we only done silly presents as we're off for a few nights away in march for late valentines x

That sounds nice! I got wine, my favour choc's, a balloon which Jack has claimed and a lovely card. Naomi had fish fingers, waffles and mash for tea last night she loved it!

We also had a choking incident later last night which still makes me sick to my stomach but she's ok! xx

It's so scary but it is rare they truly choke, ted is always gagging though x
I'm trying to give him more finger foods as I don't make the time and just spoon feed a lot and he prefers feeding himself! Jesse was fully feeding himself by now so feel like teddy needs to start doing it more. He ate a full slice of toast this morning and bag of Ella's cereal puff things x

It's so scary but it is rare they truly choke, ted is always gagging though x
I'm trying to give him more finger foods as I don't make the time and just spoon feed a lot and he prefers feeding himself! Jesse was fully feeding himself by now so feel like teddy needs to start doing it more. He ate a full slice of toast this morning and bag of Ella's cereal puff things x

Yeah Naomi gags quite a bit with somethings but I could tell something was wrong straight away. It was on a piece of sweet paper, I have no idea where it came from I scour the floors before I let her down and I was watching her, but she couldn't breath and oh though she was ok because she wasn't making a noise. I tipped her up and sort of hit her back til she was sick and it came up. I wouldn't let her on the floor this morning. She's doing great with her food. Naomi devours toast as soon as it hits her tray they love it! I do want to get Naomi on as many different foods as possible early on so hopefully she doesn't get fussy later on. I'm finding it hard to get Jack to try new foods. Does Teddy have normal cereal? xx

Iv not really gave it him, they where like cheerios sized wholegrain puff things vanilla and rasberry flavour, he just had them dry,
Jesse is soo fussy so I try to give ted as much different things as i can and he will eat anything so far, Jesse was always fussy. Only thing annoys me is I can't give him eggs so it's hard thinking of lunches cus it cuts out all things like scrambled eggs, eggy bread, omelettes etc x

Yeah Naomi gags quite a bit with somethings but I could tell something was wrong straight away. It was on a piece of sweet paper, I have no idea where it came from I scour the floors before I let her down and I was watching her, but she couldn't breath and oh though she was ok because she wasn't making a noise. I tipped her up and sort of hit her back til she was sick and it came up. I wouldn't let her on the floor this morning. She's doing great with her food. Naomi devours toast as soon as it hits her tray they love it! I do want to get Naomi on as many different foods as possible early on so hopefully she doesn't get fussy later on. I'm finding it hard to get Jack to try new foods. Does Teddy have normal cereal? xx

Hope you and Naomi are ok its so scary isn't it, same thing happened with Hollie a while ago, just a few seconds can feel like a lifetime in those situations. When you've got other children its really hard to make sure theirs nothing around for them to pick up, my girls are always getting stuff out leaving out little bits and babies eyes are so much better than ours! hope you didn't blame yourself as accidents do happen x

My girls aren't really fussy eaters they will eat most things, actually their better eaters than me, the only thing with Maisie is she doesn't have a big appetite so some days she will eat very little but that's just the way she is and she's a good size for her age.

Becki, when you mean Teddy to feed himself do you mean just picking up food or using a spoon properly, and what are those Ella cereal puffs like? not tried those.

You both got some lovely valentines presents, hope everyone had a lovely day x

Last edited:
Both Cas, Jesse was using a spoon pretty good by this age, gave teddy one today and he did pretty good, I have a video of him a few months ago doing it but don't know how to put it up!!
they are okay, teddy seems to like them lol!

Today -

B - 7oz milk, 1 slice of toast with butter and dairylea, Ella's raspberry puffits

L - 1/2 Heinz chicken curry, broccoli, Ella's kitchen pineapple and mango yoghurt

7oz

D - Ella's cheese and apple biscuits, handful of hm oven chips, crust off a slice of stuffed crust pizza (Jesse gave it him!) and fed himself 1/2 a hipp apple and pear rice pudding. Was very messy and he decides to just use his hands half way through lol but he did get most of it in his mouth!

Bedtime - will have 7oz shortly

Hope you and Naomi are ok its so scary isn't it, same thing happened with Hollie a while ago, just a few seconds can feel like a lifetime in those situations. When you've got other children its really hard to make sure theirs nothing around for them to pick up, my girls are always getting stuff out leaving out little bits and babies eyes are so much better than ours! hope you didn't blame yourself as accidents do happen x

My girls aren't really fussy eaters they will eat most things, actually their better eaters than me, the only thing with Maisie is she doesn't have a big appetite so some days she will eat very little but that's just the way she is and she's a good size for her age.

Becki, when you mean Teddy to feed himself do you mean just picking up food or using a spoon properly, and what are those Ella cereal puffs like? not tried those.

You both got some lovely valentines presents, hope everyone had a lovely day x

Yeah ok just a bit stressed about it all to be honest :( Jack's also on for eating next to nothing for days in a row then he's back to normal or will eat loads and loads xx

I only come on on my phone my laptops broke and I hardly use it so not got round to getting a new charger!
I give teddy rasberry wheats for breakfast like mini shredded wheats with rasberry filling in, he loved them, gave him some out of the bowl on his tray and mushed the rest into littler pieces with the spoon and fed them to him. He was covered in crumbs when he finished lol!

aw i get u with the choking its scary! dylan choked on a piece of chocolate wrapper recently, had to shove my fingers in his mouth to fish it out! he has 6 or 7 teeth so i got bitten lol but it is scary for a moment!

dylan food today:
8oz milk
b- porridge and toast
l- toast and dairylea, chicken pieces, banana and biscuit
sippy cup of milk in afternoon and piece of chocolate
d- sausage, mash, leek, brocilli, carrot and gravy plus petit filous
another bottle tonight of 8oz

in other news, i have found out i am pregnant again! :D

Woohoo! Congratulations hun, how many weeks are you? Planned or surprise? x

Congratulations- lovely news, wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy x

thank you :) :D worked out im only around 6 weeks but wont know for sure until midwife and 1st scan- we were planning to get pregnant at the end of the year lol, so a pleasant and earlier than expected surprise- also my birthday so a very nice birthday present haha :) x

Congratulations hun! Hope everything goes well xx

Teddy today -

B - 7oz, organix banana raisin and oat porridge

L - scotch pancake, blueberries, c&g mango banana and apple fruit pot

7oz milk

D - cheesy mash and spinach, strawberry whole milk yoghurt

Will have 7oz at bedtime x

This week new foods Naomi's had -
Fish fingers, chicken nuggets, mash, cheesy mash, beans, pea's, mince and gravy! Waffles. She loves her food :)

How's everyone doing? ,x

Congratulations hun! Hope everything goes well xx

thank u :)

dylans food yesterday
8oz milk
b- weetabix with milk, plus 1/2 belvita biscuit (stole off me)
l- beans on toast, banana, biscuit
sippy cup of milk and chopped cucumber in afternoon
d- fish steak, mash, leeks, carrot, brocilli and parsley sauce, plus petit filous
8oz milk

Back