What diet to do????

lucylu0802

Got to stop eating!
Hi all,

I am a serial yo yo dieter and I have had enough. I have successfully lost weight on Cambridge diet but I am not sure I am ready for the strictness that comes with it. Plus I put the weight back on after as I binge eat!

That being said I really struggle with SW and WW and only manage a month or so before giving up!

I am totally fed up of being "the fat one" all the time.

Anyone got any words of advice????

Any other diets they can suggest. I definitely need minimums support as this is how I lost 3 stone on Cambridge no way I could have done it on my own.

What diet Are you on? How do you find it?

I am a full time mum with a job that involves a lot of travelling so not as prepared or organised with food as I would like.

Thanks in advance.

Lucy xx

Hi there Lucy lu, personally I don't see why people should suffer or be incredibly strict when trying help themselves, I think the old adage of suffering to make it work, "no pain no gain" is cr@p, I personally think you have to enjoy your journey or you won't stick to it, doing SW I have a good free range of meals to eat, they taste great they aren't small and they have so far helped me lose 27lbs in just under 2 months. Horses or courses but its all down to you, good luck and keep us informed.

Hi Lucy, have you thought about getting help from your gp with your binge eating?
I know many people need to sort their heads out/why they binge eat before they can lose weight and keep it off :)

Perhaps something like lighterlife would suit you as it's a VLCD with added CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy)

An going to give SW a go as realistically it is a brilliant way of life so I might be able to stick to it???!!!?????

Wish me luck!

i personally tried Lighter Life and i didnt find it good. I also have binge eating problems n that diet didnt help. I would recomend, cause that works for me, eat normal food but count fat and carbs intake, this way if u fancy chocolate u have it, but then b good with other stuff, this way u dont sacrifice any of the food u like. When u fancy it, have it smaller, of course. Thats really what i am doing, i dont like restrictions :D

Hey I'm going on the Cambridge Diet for the 1st time as from the 25th as I've heard such good things about it. If it worked for you before maybe try it again? I do hear a lot of people put the weight back on but my plan is to join a gym straight after as I will have lost enough weight to feel confident enough to go to a gym and I'd like to think that if I get my figure back is fight for it x x

What diet Are you on?

Since October I have been doing the JUDDD plan. I have lost 24.5 lb on it so far.

How do you find it?

I think it's a brilliant plan. I get to have treats and nothing is limited as long as it fits within my calorie allowance. I still get to eat take aways, chocolate, cakes (ok so I'm listing all the 'bad' food but it's what I like most) and well everything and lose weight. The losses aren't as quick as other diets, but then again it's not a very restrictive diet. You are basically dieting half the week. Most people follow a plan of 500 one day and then 2000 the next (AKA as up days and down days), but you can find out your up day and down day calorie allowance via the JUDDD website.

Hey there,
Just to let you know i am new to this site and had my first weigh in on slimming world on Monday and i had lost 12lb in a week. I would recommend Slimming world to anyone now :) x

Hello., It all depends on you! I do SW and its just amazing.. I wouldnt be able to do these diets where you buy the ready made foods in bulk an only have these. Would drive me mad and i enjoy cooking myself. I do know of friends who gain it back when reached goal as they eat normal food again and not the stuff you buy.
SW its more lifestyle change in my eyes than 'diet'

Maybe have a read of them all and look which would fit in your lifestyle better xx

Hi,

I have binge eating tendencies and did Cambridge for about 4 months. Lost loads of weight!! Put it all back on though as it didn't reeducate my eating patterns. I also stopped the diet completlywithout going up the stages, so my own fault really!! My advice is the all diets work, as long as you stick to them! Just need to pick one you can live with in the long term
Alan

its not really about drinking shakes for the rest of the life, but the understanding that high fat and high carbohydrates food is not good for us on a daily basics. if ur body could chose urself what source of energy it wants, u would never like pizza pasta bread or potatoes.

There r 3 sources of energy for our body: carbohydrates, fat and proteins. Our body burn first carbs, then fat, the last are protein. If we eat lots of carbs or fat ur body will just burn what u eat and if u cross daily allowed grams of carbs n fat, it will store the rest. If u wont feed ur body with carbs n fat but concentrate on proteins intake, then it will have to burn whats there, bit of carbs and our fat rather than eaten fat.

thats how our body works :)

Hey I'm going on the Cambridge Diet for the 1st time as from the 25th as I've heard such good things about it. If it worked for you before maybe try it again? I do hear a lot of people put the weight back on but my plan is to join a gym straight after as I will have lost enough weight to feel confident enough to go to a gym and I'd like to think that if I get my figure back is fight for it x x

Hi I have only just started cambridge i am on step 2, what step are you on? x

Back