what diets are we all on?

sarahaglover

Just wondered what diets you all follow alongside your xen & what your ave losses were?
I was on sw & switched to cal counting when I got tabs (1300 a day max) but haven't really noticed a big difference so think I'm gonna go back to sw & my bigger portions but stick to xen rules still X

I use mfp for counting cals & eat low fat. I might look to follow sw in another stone or so but am concerned on my portion sizes as I'm a pig!!!!

I lose about 1/2 stone a month now I'm further on although my average is 2lb a week cos of higher losses early on x

I calorie count and try to eat low fat, i try to follow xen rules even thought I am not taking the xen due to the shortage. Must admit tho I do find it harder to stay on track without the threat of Mr Tango Man!
Also upping my exercise and drinking plenty of water is very important for my diet, as I dont do enough of either.

Hi, I follow Rosemary Connely (sort of) the principles of it follow the xen rules - calorie allowance based on you current weight and less than 5% fat. I try and have less than 1300 calories but am allowed 1800 according the the rules of the diet - so I figured if I restrict them the majority of the time if I have a bottle of wine etc. I have extra stored up! I have lost just over a stone a month for the last three months - but I have a lot to loose so guessing this will slow down in the near future! xx

I do a mixture of sw, cal counting and checking fat content. It all more or less adds up to the same to be honest. But I watch portion sizes even in sw as they can be way too large

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just started the south beach diet.. Phase1 lasts 2 weeks (I'm in week 2 now) you are meant to cut out pasta, rice, bread, potatoes and all fruit plus all other sugary foods- cakes cookies, rice cakes, popcorn, you can eat lean meat, loads green veg, salad stuff, plus good fats like almonds, other nuts, and avocados, but use spray oil to cook.. you can have olive oil dressings if you choose but only a little.. Phase 2: you reintroduce, low GI carbs, apples, strawberries, brown rice, whole granary bread, sweet potatoes, but only small portions eg. Like 35g dry rice/ pasta.. One or 2 small new potatoes but is up to you what you eat of theses carbs, if you can still lose weight and eat bread at breakfast and lunch - do it but if you don't loose weight doing that you need to reduce the bread to one slice.. If you go on holiday and gain a lb or 2 no prob go back to phase 1 till you loose it and then back to phase 2.. If your hungry on the diet your doing it wrong.. Go have something low GI to eat, light cheese with an apple, 5 almonds, a low fat yogurt.. Glass skimmed milk ..

Agatston divides the South Beach Diet into three phases, each progressively becoming more liberal. "Phase 1" lasts for the first two weeks of the diet. It eliminates all sugars, processed carbohydrates, fruits, and some higher-glycemic vegetables as well. Its purpose is to eliminate the hunger cycle and is expected to result in significant weight loss. "Phase 2" continues as long as the dieter wishes to lose weight. It re-introduces most fruits and vegetables and some whole grains as well. "Phase 3" is the maintenance phase and lasts for life. There is no specific list of permitted and prohibited foods. Instead, the dieter is expected to understand the basic principles of the diet and live by the principles.

I've just switched from Sw to ccounting to spice things up :) x

I've just started the south beach diet.. Phase1 lasts 2 weeks (I'm in week 2 now) you are meant to cut out pasta, rice, bread, potatoes and all fruit plus all other sugary foods- cakes cookies, rice cakes, popcorn, you can eat lean meat, loads green veg, salad stuff, plus good fats like almonds, other nuts, and avocados, but use spray oil to cook.. you can have olive oil dressings if you choose but only a little.. Phase 2: you reintroduce, low GI carbs, apples, strawberries, brown rice, whole granary bread, sweet potatoes, but only small portions eg. Like 35g dry rice/ pasta.. One or 2 small new potatoes but is up to you what you eat of theses carbs, if you can still lose weight and eat bread at breakfast and lunch - do it but if you don't loose weight doing that you need to reduce the bread to one slice.. If you go on holiday and gain a lb or 2 no prob go back to phase 1 till you loose it and then back to phase 2.. If your hungry on the diet your doing it wrong.. Go have something low GI to eat, light cheese with an apple, 5 almonds, a low fat yogurt.. Glass skimmed milk ..

Agatston divides the South Beach Diet into three phases, each progressively becoming more liberal. "Phase 1" lasts for the first two weeks of the diet. It eliminates all sugars, processed carbohydrates, fruits, and some higher-glycemic vegetables as well. Its purpose is to eliminate the hunger cycle and is expected to result in significant weight loss. "Phase 2" continues as long as the dieter wishes to lose weight. It re-introduces most fruits and vegetables and some whole grains as well. "Phase 3" is the maintenance phase and lasts for life. There is no specific list of permitted and prohibited foods. Instead, the dieter is expected to understand the basic principles of the diet and live by the principles.

bloodyhell that is too complicated for me! but good luck to you on it. whatever floats your boat

i use the mfp for the calories and the diet i do is a diabetic one - more or less, less being at the weekend!

Low fat, 1200 cals a day using mfp to record everything. Not taking xen any more but trying to stick to the 5 percent fat rule.

alongwaytogo said:
Low fat, 1200 cals a day using mfp to record everything. Not taking xen any more but trying to stick to the 5 percent fat rule.

I didn't realise you were off them too Karen. How do you find it? I'm still losing the same over a month as I did when on them x

Yes, stopped about 6 weeks ago, first 3 weeks lost 7 lbs, then will have my next wi tomorrow and expect to have lost 2 lbs, so it has slowed down over the last 3 weeks, but that's probably more down to me. Have been stressing over youngest daughters health issues and firmly believe now that if I stress I don't lose! Got the results of her biopsy today which although there are still some potential problems, nothing serious seems to have been discovered. Hopefully we can put it all behind us for now and focus on the good stuff!

alongwaytogo said:
Yes, stopped about 6 weeks ago, first 3 weeks lost 7 lbs, then will have my next wi tomorrow and expect to have lost 2 lbs, so it has slowed down over the last 3 weeks, but that's probably more down to me. Have been stressing over youngest daughters health issues and firmly believe now that if I stress I don't lose! Got the results of her biopsy today which although there are still some potential problems, nothing serious seems to have been discovered. Hopefully we can put it all behind us for now and focus on the good stuff!

Def stressful waiting for results, glad that the wait is over and that nothing serious seems to discovered and I hope all goes well with sorting out any other health issues :)

Brilliants news re your daughter hon!!!! Ah so you've been off them a week less than me. I think weight loss does slow down & you're a huge way through your journey if I remember rightly!!! I found upping my exercise normally helps massively to get it shifting. Xx

Thank you, I am hugely relieved, been imagining all sorts!

I am aiming for 4 classes a week, although due to Easter the gym has cancelled the last two classes I have booked. I know it will slow and will be (kind of) happy with a lb a week. Just have to make sure I don't start picking, that's always been my downfall.

Back