Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere.....what to do with them I wonder!!!!!

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
So yep, we have a pumpkin. Its being carved for a competition at my daughters school, but I don't want to waste the flesh. So I decided to google!!!

here's a few recipes I have come across which look nice and simple to do.

[h=1]Pumpkin Cheesecake[/h][h=3]Ingredients[/h]
Crust:
1 1/2 cups Dukan Diet Organic Oat Bran
3 teaspoons Dukan Diet Organic Stevia
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 6 oz. nonfat Greek yogurt
Filling:
3 (8-ounce) nonfat packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup no-fat sour cream
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg (or pumpkin spice)
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (or pumpkin spice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar)
3 teaspoons Dukan Diet Organic Stevia (or to taste)

Preparation:
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
· In medium bowl, combine oat bran, 3 teaspoons of stevia and cinnamon. Add yogurt. Press down flat into a 9-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
· Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, remaining stevia and the spices. Add vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
· Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours
[h=3]Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake [/h]
Ingredients
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Preheat your oven to 325.

Mix the cream cheese, splenda, and vanilla extract together until the cream cheese is completely mixed in.
Next blend eggs one at a time.
Once the eggs are properly mixed it should look like white meringue.
Next take a cup of the batter and cover the bottom layer of the pie pan.
Next add the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and I added some ginger for extra good flavour. And I don't stick to the measurements, so go wild if you want.
Take the batter and spread it on top of the first layer of cheesecake.
Place the pie into a cake pan with a layer of water (bain marie) and place in the middle of the oven rack. Cook for 20 minutes at 325. It will still jiggle in the middle a bit when done cooking.
When finished it should look slightly cracked on top.
Cool the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours or longer before enjoying!!
The only thing I would change is I would take more than a cup of the original cheesecake mix.
The pumpkin cheesecake didn't set properly for me. The bottom layer of cheesecake set perfectly though.
I hope everyone enjoys this. Also, this is only for PV and above days

PV DUKAN PC PUMPKIN MUFFINS

8 tablespoons of oat bran
2 eggs
4 T canned pumpkin
1 T vanilla fat free yogurt
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
2 t Splenda (I use 2 T Brown Sugar Blend)
1 T fat free evaporated milk (I use 1 T of sugarfree vanilla pudding mix)
1 t vanilla

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yogurt, pumpkin and eggs and whisk until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide the mixture equally between minis or regular muffins in paper cups. Because there is no fat in them, they tend to stick a bit. Try a little spray of olive oil in the cup first.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 17-18 minutes for mini muffins, 24-26 for regular muffins.
4 servings of oat bran

Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients

9 tablespoons of oat bran
1 sachet of baking powder
200 g of pumpkin (weighed raw)
A pinch of nutmeg
3 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder
6 tablespoons of sweetener
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons of low-fat cream cheese (0%)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of Dukan white rum flavouring

Instructions
Clean out the pumpkin using a large spoon. Remove the rind, cut the flesh into small pieces and put steam for 10 minutes or bake in the oven on an aluminium sheet at 200°C for 20 minutes.
When ready, set aside to cool, then mix in a blender to obtain a puree.
In a separate bowl, mix solid ingredients together (bran, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk powder). Mix thoroughly, then add the liquid ingredients (pureed pumpkin pulp, sweetener, 0% fat cheese, eggs and white rum flavouring).
Place the mixture in muffin cups or moulds and fill them up 2/3 to the brim.
Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes. Enjoy!

[h=2]Dukan Pumpkin Bread Recipe[/h][h=2] Makes approx 12 slices
300g Butternut Pumpkin
9 level tbsp Oat Bran
9 level tbsp Wheat Bran
3 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tsp Dried Sage
75g Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Skim Milk
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Peel and cut the pumpkin. Steam until soft (I microwaved mine for 5 minutes with a little bit of water).
3. Mash the Pumpkin with a fork and allow to cool.
4. Place pumpkin in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. I used a silicone one so I didn’t need to grease it at all. Smooth flat with a spatula.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for a while in the loaf pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool…Or if you can’t wait, cut off a little slice right then and there!
Enjoy!

· I don’t know if this recipe would be suitable to freeze, I might give it a go with some pieces and see how they turn out.
· The recipe has turned out moist, but I don’t mind it. I’m considering cutting off thin slices and rolling them flat, then baking for a little while to get some kind of cracker.

[/h]

yum yum, will these recipes work on Cruise?

Yep, I am in cruise and made pumpkin muffins last week. Got six out of the recipe and froze four of them. its a veg after all LOL, but like making a carrot cake they were.

BTW My daughter won. Each class had a 2nd and first place, and she won her classes. So so proud of her.

dukannotsofatty said:
Yep, I am in cruise and made pumpkin muffins last week. Got six out of the recipe and froze four of them. its a veg after all LOL, but like making a carrot cake they were.

BTW My daughter won. Each class had a 2nd and first place, and she won her classes. So so proud of her.

Would these work with any squash do you think? I've grown acorn and hooligan this year! They're on the shelf looking at me! LOL - I heart squash!

Eeeegghhhh what's those?????

Jelliebabe said:
Would these work with any squash do you think? I've grown acorn and hooligan this year! They're on the shelf looking at me! LOL - I heart squash!

Hey Jellie, from a cook's point of view, a squash is a squash is a squash :D

P x

LOL what you like.

I reckon you could use any, once they are cooked and pureed they all look the same. Carrotts could be used too I think. A friend once used corgettes in a cake instead of carrott. not sure I'd like that one though.

Don't knock Courgette muffins till you try them! Not a Dukan recipe but I make them in summer when we have too many to eat fresh. Courgette and feta muffins Mmmmmm (scratches head and wonders why she is fat) ;)

Back