What do I do?? Advice please!!

SARAHP

Silver Member
I am completely fed up, I did cambridge last year and lost 5 stone wasnt at goal as needed to lose another 4 but fell off the wagon and put it all back on. Have had several failed attempts on restart but never got past day 3 so I decided to pack it in join a gym and just try and eat fairly sensibly.
Ive now been at gym for 2 weeks and lost 1 1/2lb last week and put 1/2 on this week!!! Im so fed up as I need to get the weight off Im so depressed as I know how good I felt when id lost my 5 stone but im stuck in a rut!! Ive signed to gym for a year at 40 quid per month and I am enjoying going but I need to lose weight!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Any advice would be appreciated, dont know if Im also failing because my old counsellor stopped to have a baby and Ive been going to my sister in law as new counsellor but its very easy to give in with her!!! Thanks sarah.

I am just coming to the end of the 1st week and I know day 5 was the turning point - past that I am feeling much better and into the swing of it. I would find a CDC who you don't know, it's got to be better to get someone who will be stricter with you. and of course come on here and post everytime you feel tempted.

give it a go again, we will help you

I have to agree with Emma, the first few days are absoultly horrible! But once you get past those days then you will be flying! I think you need to put every ounce of willpower you have into getting through the first week and if then you still dont feel like carrying on then you could look at other diets. Im pretty confident that once you see the weight loss on the first that will motivate you to do another week.

Im currently on day 21 and for me the first few days were awful, the first couple of weeks were difficult, but now I dont even think about it!

I have every confidence that we can all do anything we want to if we just put our minds to it, and thats all CD is - a mind game!

I know one thing tho - I wouldnt have been able to do it without the support from my CDC and also this site! Maybe and try and look for another CDC until your one goes back to work? Also, everytime you feel a little tempted to stray then come here! Post your feelings and by the time you have written them then you will have forgotten about food! The support here is amazing.

Anyways, enough from me.

Wishing you all the best and happy loosing!!

Bobby xx

Hi Sarah,

I don't really have any words of wisdom but wanted to let you know I understand how you are feeling. I have regained 2.5 stone since last summer and finding restarts very hard. I rejoined WW read a few diet books but have ended up back at Cambridge because I know it works and fast!

Maybe you could actually voice your concerns to your SIL. It might make you both aware on those occasions you might falter, that it would be easy to rely on your relationship to not deal with issues. I'm sure she must have had some training on dealing with this type of thing?

You know you can do this - 5 stone is an amazing acheivement.

My closest friend has been on LL since last summer and has lost 6.5-7 stone and has been to the gym throughout. She also does salsa and martial arts. The people at the gym seem to notice and comment on her loss more than anyone else - probably because every there is wanting to change their bodies in some way. She still has a way to go but she is a real inspiration to me and makes me realise that this is an acheivable dream!

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Nat.
x

i guess the fact that you posted this in the Cambridge forum means you're veering towards trying Cambridge again?

If so, what about doing something akin to Atkins induction for 3 days to get you into ketosis, then trying Cambridge 790 as I've heard restarters seem to have more luck with that.

The only problem with that is the fact that you've signed up for the gym for a year and you might not be able to get your full moneys worth whilst on Cambridge.

An alternative would be to do something like Weight Loss Resources - Fad Free Tools for Healthy Weight Loss
where you can really check that your healthy way of eating is in the right proportions. You can also add calories for the time you spend in the gym using WLR.

Sarah, some excellent advice here.

Here is a link to getting back onto SSing the easy way it might be of help

http://www.minimins.com/before-after-between/4229-how-get-back-ssing.html

You know you can lose weight and it is very disheartening when it goes back on as I have done it myself a couple of times now but feel it is part and parcel of the learning process.

I think if you talk it out with your sister in law and tell how you feel it would help.

Love Mini xxx

Have you spoken to anyone at the gym about putting together a programme for you? If you're planning to get back onto Cambridge you can still do this, but you will have to take it easier than you would otherwise.

Either way, it's useful to have some focus for your exercise, and some expert advice. Going to the gym will help, but you have to combine it with some kind of eating plan if you want to lose weight at any kind of decent rate (for example: if you are eating enough to maintain your weight, you could just about lose a pound a week by doing an hour long high intensity class every day if you work very hard, but if you are eating enough that without exercise you will gain weight, then it's quite possible that all the exercise will do is help you maintain rather than lose).

Whatever you choose, you will find a lot of support on this forum.

Thanks everyone ive decidied to give gym and sensible eating a go till end february and if still not moving go back to cd for another go, I just wish I was a first timer again as its so much easier first time round!!! Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

I found myself it so hard to get back on SSing last year and I decided to keep a food diary and it was a huge help to write down everything I was eating.

I was surprised some days looking over it just what I had ate...all nibbles etc.

You could do very well with sensible eating and the gym.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini your always an inspiration!! Love sarahxx.

Back