What do I do regarding tomorrows lunch?

I've been invited to my friends house for lunch tomorrow.
I've no idea what I'll eat nor how to Syn it.
I'm in my 2nd week on SW & didn't have many Syns last week.
Am also doing my food diary so no idea how many Syns to write on there.
Thank you.

Does your friend know your doing Slimming World?

She does know I'm on SW but she has no idea of the food optimising & I'd feel very rude to say anything.
It's not like I can flexi Syn cos I've no idea of hw many Syns to allow!

Why don't you cook something SW friendly and take it over to share with your friend?

Or give her the heads up and tell her what you can eat.

People who don't do SW just don't understand that one meal off plan can affect our losses.

Personally i would talk to her, if she is your friend then surely she wants to support you in your weight loss. Being a veggie i have to ensure that stuff i can eat is made all the time, being a veggie is a food choice i make, and so is being on SW and eating healthily.
you wouldn't invite a recovering alcoholic out to the pub! we are on the 'wagon' afterall. the wagon of no more 'bad' foods.

If your friend is making you lunch I think it would be rude to ring her & tell her what you can eat.

Next time you plan lunch with her save some syns up that way, within reason, you can eat what she makes.

Tomorrow I'd make SW friendly choices when you eat what she has prepared.

If she has made a pudding, either say no, or just have a small amount.

When you get home take a look on SW website & try & work out how many syns you've eaten. Don't worry too much about tomorrow, there will always be days like that & it's up to you to make the most of them.

Have a lovely time.;)

I would just bring it into conversation and ask what she's making but make it clear your doing sw so will kindly need it to be somewhat sw friendly. If she is a good friend she will understand and not be offended im sure. xxx

She is doing french bread with tinned salmon & a belgian bun.
I've looked at the Syns & it doesn't look pretty! :eek:
So I am flexi Synning today. Have set 70 Syns.
And TBH if I have no more Syns this week will actually be fine.
Thank you for all your replies.

If you are flexisynning you do not need to remove syns from the rest of your week. Just go back on plan as normal straight afterwards. If you feel deprived the rest of the week you are far more likely to go back off plan later.

Back