What do i do?

Sammie1984

Hey peeps,
So I just got my op date, 2nd of April at 2:30
I will be out the same day but I will be put out... I'm not sure what to do regarding my diet as I am 100% not to break it for anything! I got a feeling they will make me eat some toast before I can go home? I will make sure I have my morning and lunch time shakes, I'm just not sure what to do after? Help please and thank you in advance xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Sammie.. I am not sure if they still make you eat before you are discharged, but someone who knows more might be able to help you better... Have you had your pre-op assessment yet? Either way perhaps you could ring the hospital and explain the situation and ask if it will be a problem... You sound very determined, so i can only suggest you argue your case with the hospital (if you need to) , but if they say you HAVE to eat, just get back on to LT as soon as you can.. Good luck hun x x

Hey thanks hun,
I got a feeling you still have to eat toast before you can go... Bloody carbs!!!
If I do I will just keep on my diet the following morning and not have anything after that toast!
I have my pre op on 22nd march so I will mention it there, I won't have to start over from day 1 again will I as I will be continuing with my diet the following morning. Xxx

Bring a flapjack with you, that'll be enough to satisfy them. If its a fairly minor op theyll likely be satisfied if you tolerate a cup of tea before you're out.

It's abit complicated on what it is and kinda embarrassing lol... All to do with down below and child birth... I'm having some kind of injections up there like Botox... So nothing big... So I will take a flapjack with me and fingers crossed they will accept that as I really don't want to break this diet for nothing xx

That's a quick procedure, you'll be wide awake and well post op so you should be fine ;) I have to go and see a gynae doc this week about a similar problem :(

Apparently they are putting me out for it.... Not looking forward to the soreness after :( the things is women have to do lol xxx

I meant wide awake after, you shouldn't be too groggy after a short procedure- depends on your doc I suppose :) you'll be grand. Well done staying so motivated

Thanks for your replys hun, it really helps xxx

Hiya hun,
I strongly suggest you do re~feed the week before you have the operation, and then tell the hospital so they can support you after the operation when you come round, tell them no toast, and if needs be take your own food in... cold chicken, boxed up salad etc... anything off the re~feed sheet or maintenance plan. Talk to your pharmacist about it too. It will help give your body the extra tlc needed to heal afterwards. This diet is hard enough without the added trauma of surgery, so be kind to your body and think about this option. You can get straight back on it again when youve recovered. I say all this becuase thats my plan when I go to have Gallbladder surgery...
Hoping that helps? and makes sense hun L xxxxx

Hey, thanks hun
I got my 3rd WI tomorrow so I will talk to her about it, I really didn't want to refeed as I'm worried I will give up if you know what I mean, It's just injections into my bladder Botox injections... It's meant to be straight forward and back out the same day, just going to be sore for about a week after, (not looking forward to that at all lol) I will take a flapjack in and see of they will toast it for me if I can I will ask on the 22nd, fingers crossed I won't have to eat I need this so bad, I have never been so determined to lose weight so much in my life lol xxx

Oooohhh thanks hunny I will have a look now,
I hope your well xxx

Oh well we are all different.... she mentions having 2 small ops.... Think Gallbladder removal is pretty big lol... so i`m going for the tlc option.... hope you go on ok with yours chick xx

Mine is only a small op hun, something like yours is deffo a lot bigger, so you do need a lot of tlc, hope your ok xxx

;) I`m fine chick ty.... yeah its diff for everyone... hoping you`ll find your way and it will work out good for you... glad your feeling positive :) xx

Back