What do I need before I start?

loopdidoo

Hello all, I am planning on starting LT asap, just want to be really prepared so wondered if anyone has any tips on things I need to do/get before I start.
Thanks x

hiya loopdidoo, i'm also starting asap just getting my head round the fact food is a no no, this will be my 2nd real attempt at LT (only managed 4 days last time but lost 7lb) i just noticed we have the same amount of weight to lose aswell. and we weight the same at the present time too, maybe we could spur each other on.

i think for this diet you just need to be ready to start then just take it day by day hun.

Hi just make sure you get some fibresure or I use benefibre, a hand blender is very useful as it really blends the shakes well (£5 in asda), and I like green tea so I keep a supply in, good luck on journey, be prepared for the first 3 days as it is very hard at first and you may get headaches and feel hungry & generaly yuck, once you hit day 4 and your in ketosis it all changes, you feel great :) xx good luck xx

hiya loopdidoo, i'm also starting asap just getting my head round the fact food is a no no, this will be my 2nd real attempt at LT (only managed 4 days last time but lost 7lb) i just noticed we have the same amount of weight to lose aswell. and we weight the same at the present time too, maybe we could spur each other on.

i think for this diet you just need to be ready to start then just take it day by day hun.

Talk about a coincidence!! That would be great Kelly. I haven't stopped researching it in the past fews week so feel quite prepared mentally. When are you going to start? I haven't got to the pharmacy yet as my little ones have had a tummy bug:cry: Desperate to get on with it now while I feel so enthusiastic (hoping that feeling last LOL!)

Hi just make sure you get some fibresure or I use benefibre, a hand blender is very useful as it really blends the shakes well (£5 in asda), and I like green tea so I keep a supply in, good luck on journey, be prepared for the first 3 days as it is very hard at first and you may get headaches and feel hungry & generaly yuck, once you hit day 4 and your in ketosis it all changes, you feel great :) xx good luck xx

Wow Lisa you are doing fab!! Thanks for the tips. Do you know where can I get the fibre stuff from?

You can get fibre clear from chemist. It doesn't smell or taste of anything but be careful, if you do get constipated STOP taking it till you are fine again.
What you will need to start this diet is LOADS and LOADS of willpower!!! Good luck!

I was going to say the smae as stinky .. the best think to get you through is willpower and motivation !! see the diet as a positive ..a journey to a brilliant new you not something to be endured ... drink loads of water .... and be prepared that the first 4-5 days are tough but it WILL get better and will fly by :)
you could also start to drink more plain water and start to reduce your carbs bow so its not so much of a shock to your body when you start .. you are less likely to suffer the headaches etc if you reduce carbs before you start and drink loads ....

Good luck :)

katie

hiya loopdido,

how are you?

well monday will be the day for me as i have a stock from last time, just checked it is all ok it's all well in date so i'm ready for the off come monday...i say monday as i'm lowering my carbs for the next 3 days to prepare for it.

Thanks for great tips, I hadn't thought of cutting down the carbs but will now, I have been drinking 3ltrs of water though and stopped having milk in my tea. Just been shopping and bought earl grey and peppermint tea and loads of sparkling water, are they all ok to drink?
Thanks again for your help, I'm gearing up for it now and I'm actually quite excited! Everytime I eat something I've thought this is the last time in a while I'll be eating this, it has made me appreciate every mouthful instead of just wolfing it down.

hiya loopdido,

how are you?

well monday will be the day for me as i have a stock from last time, just checked it is all ok it's all well in date so i'm ready for the off come monday...i say monday as i'm lowering my carbs for the next 3 days to prepare for it.

Hi Kelly, I'm fine thanks. So WE start on Monday then:D
Will do the same with my carbs, be less of a shock to the system come Monday! Still haven't got to the chemist :eek: missed it yesterday and closed today so hoping it'll be open tmrw. Hope you are having a lovely weekend, enjoy your food while you have chance!!;)

Ladies, lots of luck to you both for your start on Monday. You both seem psyched up enough and ready for the journey. Any leaf tea is fine and keep up the water intake and take fibre supplement every day. Have a pack of senokot on hand to take if you get bunged up and you probably will!!
Keep busy the first week until you hit ketosis.

Hey you two, you are both sounding really positive and in a great frame of mind to start. I spent quite a long time reading this forum before starting and soaking up all the information. Bad breath was my major worry and I prepared by getting the mouthwash and strips. Didn't pay out for the fibreclear as constipation doesn't affect everyone - it hasn't me. Water is the key I feel.

The other thing I really planned out was my start day so that the potential worst day fell on a weekend and didn't mess up my day at work - needed their support too.

So welcome onto the LT train and the begining of your journey.

Lisa x

Back