what do Polish people eat?

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
I am off to Kracow for 5 days with my girl friends 10 of us, has anyone been to poland?
what do they eat? but more important as a veggie that wants to stick to SW what can I eat?

I'm gonna take some mug shots with me for an emergency late night snack, any ideas anyone.
will be using my syns for some Polish vodka,well it would be rude not to indulge in local customs !

I was going to say they eat a fair amount of meat and fish but as a veggie that won't help you!

I'm not really sure (although a quick glance down the Polish Aisle at Tesco may give me some idea!) what their normal food is but i would hazard a guess that you would be able to find all manner of food there and hopefully find something to suit you.

I hope you enjoy it, sounds fun!

I had heard that they eat some sort of stew with potato dumplings?
just wondered if anyone had been before and tried some of the local dishes and were they greasy,poles are skinny arent they? so they must have a healthy diet?

'Polish food' makes me think of hearty veg stews - Borscht, which is like a beetroot soup. I think you'll be ok being veggie there, but is it getting more touristy? You might find that restaurants are catering for more westerners anyway.
Google 'eating out in Krakow' there's a big list of sites including a dinig guide to krakow restaurants. :)

Thanks for your replies, lets just hope they do jacket potato n beans, I think they will do beany things too, had a look on google and found a couple of veggie resturants so will try them out.really dont want to put on weight,want to enjoy myself but dont want to be clapped in class for putting on weight.

Krakow is my fav place in the whole world...I am half polish. There are lots and lots of different food places and you can get all sorts of foods traditional or international so you will have plenty of choice. Log of to Trip advisor for krakow its full of info and you can look up loads of different eating places and most of them will have a menu in english if you look for the little union jack flag. There is also a forum to post questions on...I so envy you going as I cant make the trip this year with doing so much to the house.....you will have a fab time...another tip get the tram to the 24 hour tesco they have a full aisle of different vodkas all very very cheap and every flavour under the sun...oh I want to go now!!!!!...xx

Back