What do RED DAY people like to eat?

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi there, I've been doing SW for 7 weeks and have lost 12lb so far. I'm very pleased with my loss, but I'm now looking to vary what I'm eating a bit! I've been doing mainly extra easy with some green, but I'm thinking of throwing some red days into the mix! I would love some inspiration for meals to make on red days! What do fans of red love to eat? I like all food so will welcome all suggestions with open arms!!

I do;
chicken stir-fry
beef curry / meatball curry (in Jan magazine)
shepherds pie with swede/carrot topping instead of potato
cooked breakfast type thing/breakfast quiche
soup
chicken breast stuffed with garlic quark with leeks & cabbage
Roast
free/quorn sausage casserole with HEb jacket pot
prawn salads
surf n turf/mixed grill with breaded mushrooms & onion rings (see other thread for recipe)
Vixxster's pizza with chicken or free sausage toppings!
HM double bacon cheeseburgers YUM!
Aldi lamb shanks with roasted mixed veg
Sardines in tomato sauce on toast
Mackerel/smoked salmon pate (made with quark) on Krisprolls
Omelette (with various fillings!)

I'm very boring when it comes to food.

I tend to go for the egg, bacon, sausages (Joes syn free or WW half a syn each), mushrooms.

For main course I'll have huge wedges of meat with veg or mixed salad and HeB'ing or synning potato

In summer I get large bags of Morrison's bistro salad and mix crispy bacon and boiled eggs, or HeA cheese, or fish in to it.

I do love my roasts.

BUT, having read the previous post I'm going to be more adventurous!

Lol, I used to live on green days as I could never think of anything to have on red and was always hungry. This time I've had to do red as my body's too used to green and have quite enjoyed it!
Of course the above list is on top of fruit, veg, salads, cottage cheese, yogurts etc!

On red days I usually have an HEB for breakfast, like porridge, egg on toast etc.

For lunch I'll have a salad with some form of meat or fish, or a soup with meat. And I usually have it with some form of bread; either wholegrain crisp rolls, corn thins or wholemeal bread roll spread with laughing cow light as my HEA.

For dinner I'll have meat, fish or chicken (usually grilled) with lots of veggies (usually roasted or sauteed) followed by a yummy greek yogurt with honey for dessert :D

mmhhh I'm also a "greeny " as I never know what to eat for lunch on a "red day". So when you have like a curry or a chicken stir fry will you have a little rice as a HEB??? I love steak, but even that gets boring if you have it every time you fancy meat. Will have to get brave and actually open the SW cook books the OH bought for me. <:O) Thanks for the insperation

Thanks for all the inspiration!! That's really helped! I think I'm going to treat myself to the SW Original Cookbook as well!! Any more ideas, keepem coming!!XXX

Oven baked salmon with spinach
Stir fried chicken, prawn, beef with veggies
Tandoori chicken
Chicken kebabs
Meatballs
Fish with green beans and carrots
Chicken Breast with garlic and parsley grilled
Chicken Breast with Spinach curry
Peri Peri Oven Roasted Chicken - had this today and was really tasty!

Hope this gives you some ideas :)

mmhhh I'm also a "greeny " as I never know what to eat for lunch on a "red day". So when you have like a curry or a chicken stir fry will you have a little rice as a HEB???

I have all red day curries and casseroles with roasted butternut squash.
Rice is not a B choice on a red day unfortunately.

mmhhh I'm also a "greeny " as I never know what to eat for lunch on a "red day". So when you have like a curry or a chicken stir fry will you have a little rice as a HEB??? I love steak, but even that gets boring if you have it every time you fancy meat. Will have to get brave and actually open the SW cook books the OH bought for me. <:O) Thanks for the insperation

As has been said you can't have rice as a HEb - I just have a bowl of curry for lunch - no rice required. I couldn't imagine having rice with a stirfry - just chicken and the stir fry vegetables!

lamb or chicken rogan josh, chicken cake, fry up, spag bol, chilli, dona kebab, diet coke chicken...
today im attempting a ee lasagna

omg ...... see I'm still new to this and learning I hadn't even realized not to have rice as an HE ....good job you guys told me .:O) Thank you, still sticking to my green days though lol I will get a little braver one of these days.

Back