what do you all like to drink?

littlehobbit

Iv been thinking about alcohol today as i know in the next few weeks i will probably be going out at somepoint.

Now i know vodka and diet coke doesnt have too many syns but im really not a fan of diet coke.Im more into things like dry martini or peach schnaps but dont know their syn values.

was just wondering what everyone else drinks when they are out.and what is the syn value of it.

From my perspective, it's all well and good people singing the praises of vodka and it's low syn value. Trouble is, I drink it too fast :( Plus, you get well meaning friends buying you doubles not singles, before you know it you might as well have had a pint of lager!

Personally, I stick to wine. My local sells wine in those little bottles (187ml) I have 6 of them, count each one as 6 1/2 syns, and that's my lot.

I'm quite naughty and use most of my syns on alcohol. I tried spirits and a diet mixer in the first week, hated it. Didnt find them enjoyable to drink and didnt feel very relaxed, more agitated. So by week 2 I was back on my second choice favourite drink white wine (24-26 syns a bottle).

However, despite a sts this week, I am going into my 4th week of SW and indulging in a couple of cold pints of Strongbow this evening (9 syns per 500ml!)

I am pretty sure dry martini is quite low syn-wise, best to ask for clarification on the syn values thread though :)

Oooh I havn't had a drink in nearly 2yrs! (not good for a 25yr old lol). didn't drink while pregnant, and my son is now 15months and still not had a drink! :eek: so sorry, not much use lol. x

Just plain old Sparkling water for me - as I take quite a lot of medication's daily - but when I do have a drink (special occassions etc) I love a nice glass of red wine or a Gin & SlimlineTonic with ice and a slice....

I don't drink often, but ifI'm having a night out with the girls, it's usually a saturday and because my weigh in is Saturday morning, I find that I can have a flexi day, drink what I like and be able to get back on plan the day after. I love Kopperberg mixed fruit cider and southern comfort lime and lemonade! If I was to stick within syns I would go for wine and soda and alternate between alcohol and non-alcohol.

Gin! Or wine. I try to alternate with a sparkling water or a diet coke for at least the first couple of hours - they both look alcoholic so nobody accuses you of being pregnant/a party pooper (it really annoys me when people demand to know why you're not "drinking"!)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bacardi [25ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bacardi Breezer, Pineapple
[350ml bottle][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bacardi Breezer, Citrus/Lime/Orange
[350ml bottle][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bailey's Irish Cream [25ml][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Becks [½pt/284ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bitter (John Smith's) [½pt/284ml][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brandy [25ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2½ [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Budweiser [½pt/284ml][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Champagne [¼pt/142ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drambuie [25ml][/FONT]
4​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gin [25ml][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guinness Original [½pt/284ml] [/FONT]
5​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malibu Cocktail, all varieties
[330ml can] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12½ [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Martini Bianco [50ml][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Port [50ml][/FONT]
4​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scrumpy Jack [½pt/284ml] [/FONT]
7​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shakers Cocktail, Pina Colada [160ml bottle][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sherry (Croft Original) [50ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tia Maria [25ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3½[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vodka [25ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whisky [25ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wine - Dry white [125ml] [/FONT]
4​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wine - Red [125ml] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wine - Sweet white [125ml] [/FONT]
6​

Gin and Diet tonic for me!! With a few waters in between....

xxxxx

Rum and diet coke or gin and tonic for me. G&T is often easier if I'm out with mates as I will buy myself just a tonic on my round and no-one tends to spot the diff! Will be using that tactic tomorrow night...

Out for dinner tonight so will be wine. Going to try hard not to drink a whole bottle, think I might write 24 on the back of my hand in big letters to remind me how much damage the whole bottle is worth!

Gin and diet lemonade with lemon for me.

Failing that i love Champagne but i think its 5 1/2 per glass, ive got about 8 bottles at home all not touched because im been on SW :eek:

Must drink some soon :p

haha i can see wine is quite a favourite.i would love to enjoy wine as all my friends do but im not really into it.
diet mixers are great but i find that a lot of places dont have diet lemonade which is annoying!
think i might try bacardi and diet coke tonight!

I like ameretto but have been avoiding it as I don't know the syn value..I generally have white wine or a spritzer, normally too many! :0) I have been having cobra 0% from alidi (1.99 for 4 bottles) in the eve, very refreshing and as its alcohol free only 3 1/2 syns per bottle..

this is slightly off topic to this but how i do thank someone for their post?? i see some people have done it in this thread.cause i cant figure it out!

thanks Caz:)
im a student and drank loads this year and i think thats where most of my weight has come from.just now im only out one night every two weeks which is ok.but i think il have to cut down a bit when im back at uni.
luckily im a lightweight so dont drink too much:)

White wine and soda,
Vodka and sugar free red bull,
Vodka and diet coke
vodka and diet lemonade
Vodka, soda and lime
And a naught woodpecker cider and black :)

Back