What do you do to your stir fry??

It's a bit late as you've already shopped but I absolutely love the flavours in the recipe from last months mag. Think it's chicken chow mein, I do it on a green day with masses of noodles and quorn rather than chicken and add more veg. In fact it's not really the recipe I follow, just the spices and sauces. Really tasty though!
you beat me to it Laura, I made this and it was so tasty, the sesame oil added at the end really changed the flavour and it's great because you only need a wee bit for a big impact.

We had a stir fry last night and I love them.

I always try to give mine a thai influence. After 'stir frying' the veg I add the following to taste - light and dark soy sauce, fish sauce and a couple of limes squeezed over the top. Depending on my syn levels for the day, I may also have a few crushed peanuts over the top.

I always used to add a good spoonful of mango chutney and mix it around as it was sweeter and cheaper than using the sachets.

Just looked it up and you're looking at 2syns for tbsp so not that bad actually considering how sweet it is :)

Back