What do you do when you have to go out for a meal

hugeherbo

i have to go on a family meal, and the only salads this place does is fancy ones, what do you do?

You could get some grilled chicken with a side salad or grilled fish - just avoid the standard chips/rice/jacket potato side! Oh and asked for dressing on the side if you get a salad!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would honestly (and do) not eat. May sound impossible, but it is possible and why risk wasting everything for a few hours!

What i personally do is to have a planned day off and enjoy myself for one evening only, then its back on the wagon

Fair play if you are able to do that. But I guarantee you that 75% of people having 'a day off' will see that 1 day turn into a week and more often than not more than that. It just isn't worth it (imo) for the sake of a couple of hours entertainment. It takes 3 days of hell to get into Ketosis, it would take more than a night out for me to go back to square one again. But, that's just me and everybody can do the diet however they want and what's best for themselves :)

i dont no wot to do, i cont not eat as my dad will kick off, ill just eat and try and avoid carbs

You could always say "I don't feel very well today" and say that you must of ate something dodgy the night before and just have a starter as a main course?

I take your point but how many people on here can actually say they have never had a blip where they've eaten something randomly on this diet? I just think if you plan it you're more likely to get back on track. But thats just me..

Yeh fair play.

For me I can only do SS 100%. In the last 5 years, I have done around 60-65 weeks of SS :eek: and I can honestly say in those 60 or so weeks, I have never so much as eaten a slice of lettuce (but I am great :D). But seriously, it's because if I had anything at all to eat it would not stop there. But like we said, it's all about how each person want to do it and what works for them. :)

Yeh fair play.

For me I can only do SS 100%. In the last 5 years, I have done around 60-65 weeks of SS :eek: and I can honestly say in those 60 or so weeks, I have never so much as eaten a slice of lettuce (but I am great :D). But seriously, it's because if I had anything at all to eat it would not stop there. But like we said, it's all about how each person want to do it and what works for them. :)

Kudos to you :D But some people can have one night off (and one night off only) and get back on the ball the next day. You're right when you say that most people would turn that one night into a week, but it's all about knowing your own boundaries. Well done on the weight loss - you're looking good!

Kudos to you :D But some people can have one night off (and one night off only) and get back on the ball the next day. You're right when you say that most people would turn that one night into a week, but it's all about knowing your own boundaries. Well done on the weight loss - you're looking good!

Thanks and ditto :)

I went out with family recently and asked to speak to the chef. I quietly explained to him what I was doing and he managed to prepare me plain salad leaves and a grilled chicken breast. :) if you don't ask you don't get!!

Ok... I will have a similar thing coming up soon - family bbq for a b'day.
What I intend on doing is nothing!! :)
The way I look at it is this, nobody will gain anything (yourself included) by eating... Ok, so you'll eat, then you'll obsess about it, then kick yourself and wish you hadn't...
I am on SS/SS+ - so IF I feel like it, or feel like I need to, then I will eat a small 200cal meal - IE/Chicken, basic salad.
This place you're going start with the same basics as any salad, so just ask for them and have a SS+ day?! :cool:
By having only what you would 'normally' be allowed, there's a small 200cal treat and no actual harm done to you or your plan.
They will be able to make any salad you ask and pay for chick - so don't fret!!
And as I've said before, mind over matter!!

Sauce xx :devilangel:

Back