What do you do when you're hungry?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Fat2ThinGirl, 20 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Fat2ThinGirl

Fat2ThinGirl Gonna get slim

Start Weight:
    29st4lb
    Current Weight:
    28st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    I've been doing Cambridge sole source for aboyt 4 weeks now and everyone keeps saying how now that i'm in ketosis I shouldn't feel hunger. Whilst I admit that my appetite is reduced I do still get hunge pangs and still miss food. I usually deal with it by distracting myself, drinking more or if i'm desperate i'll have another pack...i'm just wondering what everyone else does when they feel hungry or have a food craving to help get through until the feeling has passed?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    For some people, ketosis does not take away hunger, it just diminishes it... which is probably what you are experiencing.
    If I get pangs, I tend to pour myself some water and have a good long drink - or make myself a coffee etc.
    If I get hungry at night I have an early night - never slept as much as when I am on CWP

try painting your nails, having a long bath, reading a magazine with a coffee or anything to keep your mind occupied and your head out of the fridge !

Hope that helps

T
    x

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I would go out for a walk.....drink more water/black tea....but my fav thing was the arcade section of minimins

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Blimey Sonkie! Fancy seeing you here! And blimey (again) look at that adorable little girl in your avatar. Well I'll be jiggered..wow. Didn't seem long ago you were pregnant. She's a beauty, bless her.

6. Myboys

Myboys Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(16.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

Keep drinking the water and keep busy and occupied with other things, focus on why you are doing the plan and all the benefits it is bringing. Hang on in there it is worth it. :)

7. Fat2ThinGirl

Fat2ThinGirl Gonna get slim

Start Weight:
    29st4lb
    Current Weight:
    28st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    Had a lapse but getting back on track today. Will try out all of your suggestions to get me over the wall back into ketosis.

8. harper100

harper100 New Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.26%)
    Diet:
    cambridge sole source
    if i have a slip i find myself quickly chewing food and spitting it out ! weird i no but im still losing 4lb a week , and saying that i aint done that for a while gd luck

9. SaraF

SaraF Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thankfully, i don't feel desperately hungry, but i like to keep myself busy i.e not staying at home all day!

10. susiecm3

susiecm3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.66%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I do my crafts or have an early night :)

Teatime is my hardest when i am feeding 5-9 children, i have found myself many times just about to put something in my mouth, it just shows how much i ate out of habit and not because i am actually hungry :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.