What do you do with greek yogurt?

shezam

Silver Member
Bought a tub of Total 0% greek yogurt yesterday as I was making Tandoori Chicken marinade with schwartz spice, bought a big tub of it and didn't even use half. Need some ideas on what to use the rest on? Its really thick its not actually like normal yogurt!

Thanks in advance
Sx

Make a dip with some grated cucumber, mint and garlic then use it to dip carrot, cucumber and celery sticks. Or stir in a white choc options and dip fruit. Add a sachet of sweetener (if it's too sour though I quite like it as it is) and pour over chopped up fruit. Stir into soups or sauces (after cooking or it will split and become grainy) to give a creamier taste.

teambailz said:
is all fat free yoghurt 0 syns? sounds nice with the options sachet

No but all fat free natural yoghurt should be free provided there's no added sugar or flavourings. There are lots of threads about yoghurt so have a look. Some of the flavoured ones have syns. Also be careful and look at more recent threads about yoghurt as some of the makes (onken in particular) used to be free but aren't any longer.

Use it in a creamy pasta sauce (let down with a bit of the pasta water). My fave is with artichoke hearts, garlic, basil, Parmesan (hex a), lemon zest and juice of a lemon. Grated courgette also works well in it.

JulesyR said:
Use it in a creamy pasta sauce (let down with a bit of the pasta water). My fave is with artichoke hearts, garlic, basil, Parmesan (hex a), lemon zest and juice of a lemon. Grated courgette also works well in it.

Sounds lovely :)

Mixed some peri peri sauce in for a very very passable kebab shop style chilli sauce to go on kebabs, sausages, burgers etc

Back