What do you do???

nuzzy

I've been on this forum for a while now and thought it would be interesting to see what all you wonderful and resilient people do as a profession, whether it's a salesperson, nurse, mechanic, housewife etc.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a lipotrim network of professionals where we could advise each other

I'll start - I am currently a student social worker, I used to be a learning support officer in a primary school (supporting children with disabilities). Before that I ran a pre-school (children aged 3-5)

What a good idea :)

I'm a support worker/carer for adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour in a community setting. We've 11 adults between 2 houses and support them to lead as independent a life as possible. It's 13 and 1/2 hour long days so only end up working 3 days and we work night duties every few weeks. I love it and have lots of family time so that's an extra perk :)

I'm a room leader in a 2-3's room in a nursery :)

wahoo!! a lipo-linkdn :p

im a project coordinator at a human rights organisation (focusing on stopping violence against women) :)

I am social worker but currently a senior manager in youth services. I have a couple of teams dealing with a variety of issues such as youth homelessness and missing/running away. Totally love my job even though there is a challenge every day!

I am part of a talented team that creates leading edge (software) cloud services, mostly to support small business. In addition to that we have recently started a social enterprise to support and expand the growth of the amazing crowdfunding industry, running a hugely successful national conference in Feb from which has formed the Westminster crowdfunding forum. The forum is ongoing and are involved in high level meetings to spread awareness of the economic benefits and bring crowdfunding into the mainstream and are being challenged by 'vested interests'. Never a dull moment ;)

I'm a support worker in a residential school for pupils with Autism and challenging behaviour. I only started that recently, before then, i used to be a domicillary care manager. I really want to be an NVQ assessor though xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

My youngest is autistic, so I know how hard it can be Kath x x x

I enjoy doing it to be fair- much more rewarding! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back