What do you put in your salads?

kittykat6279

Mad Take Thatter!
Hi guys, at the moment all I'm having in a salad is lettuce, cucumber and celery as I've stopped the tomatoes and onions due to the carbs. What do you put in your salads as they are getting a bit boring now.

Morning Kitty, is this just for a side salad, or a main meal? I generally have, lettuce, cucumber, celery, 2 cherry tomatoes cut in half so looks like more... either brie or feta cheese and maybe a shaving of parmesan, lots of black pepper and full fat caesar dressing and if its a main meal, I throw in some chicken or salmon, yum!

Radishes, spinach, bacon bits, grated Parmesan, Mayo and lemon juice blended - garlic crushed into it (I'm a garlic fiend! Lol) :)

All of the above. I also add diced green peppers (really good for you and only 2.5g per 100g) or i quite like raw broccoli as well :)

plus olives, pak choi, various kinds of lettuce, home made coleslaw, corned beef squares, etc etc etc!!!!

and mayo, sometimes flavoured with garlic or whatever

I'm the same at the mo. My side salads are really boring now, I've cut out the toms too, I also used to love grated raw carrot but can't have that now.
So it's just lots of different mixed leaves, red and yellow peppers. I used to have beetroot a lot, I wonder if that's high in carbs?

Dressings either mayo or a drizzle of a lowish carb vingerette.

Toppings, chicken, egg mayo, corned beef or mackeral.

I have either ham, tuna mayo, chicken and plenty full fat mayo. Its just getting a bit boring, I'll have to think of some more meats or something. Thanks for all your replies :)

I fried some chicken and chorizo the other day and had that cold with salad for lunch at work. The oily juices from the chorizo made the salad really lush.. Also I've been mixing a tin of tuna with half a spring onion, finely chopped celery and Mayo and having that with plain salad leaves.. Somehow it tastes better to me than plain tuna Mayo with the full salad. (but then again that could be just me being weird)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back