what do you put on your sunday roast?? whats allowed and whats not!?

Willowniven

Hi all..... hope your all having a lovely sunday!

what do you have on your sunday roast?
I am cooking beef and doing low fat mashed potato , carrots, sprouts, cabbage, and green beans all steamed gravy and yorkshires.. now I know yorkshires are a no no but one small one is what I shall have as I am trying to eat a few more calories than previous.. (dont think I was eating enough to lose weight) ugh:cry:

so what you all doing for dinner today and if your having a roast how do you make it more healthy???:)

Not having a roast today but in our house the usually consist of chicken, roasties, yorkies (i buy them ready made and they are lower calories), stuffing, piggies in blankets, sweetcorn, carrotts, gravy and for me, mint jelly. mmmmm now i want a roast :D

I supposed it depends on what diet you're doing as to what's allowed. i adore roast potatoes, but they are a complete no no for me as they are loaded with carbs.

I have meat, usually chicken or pork.
A small scoop of mashed potato, or a few little roasties (my OH does them with frylite).
Loads of veg.
I have to top it off with gravy... I have an addiction!!!

I like making a meatloaf and have it with sprouts, veg mash, peas, cauliflower etc and a little gravy.

The meatloaf is low fat pork sausagemeat, sage & onion stuffing (dry) garlic and minced veg (mushrooms, onions, courgette etc) mixed all together and baked in the oven.

I also like having chicken or ham with the usual veg and one or two fry light roasties.

I have meat - usually chicken or lamb with a small spoonful of saute potatoes and lots of veg and either mint or apple sauce (I'll eat apple sauce with anything lol). Me and OH are not huge fans of gravy so we tend not to make it at all.

I sooooooo want a roast now :)

I have lean meat, roast potatoes made with fry light, carrots, parsnips, stuffing, swede, yorkshire pudding and gravy, as I'm allowed it all on slimming world all with my syn allowance! :) go slimming world!

Back