What do you recommend?

Tinsel

Hi All

Ok I have been SSing for 5 weeks now (well 5 weeks monday), this was always my plan to do this for 4/5 weeks then move to Weight Watchers - personal choice and I start 31st Aug so What do you think I should do from Sat (I am at a wedding so though mights as well start then) do you think I should 3 shakes a day plus and evening meal till next wei about 350kcal meal, then from wed to following mon 3 shakes plus a 500 kcal meal (possibly split this between lnch and dinner so not too much in my stomach at any one time) I dont want to start weight watchers and gain like 4 pounds in my first week?

I'm totally aware this is not the cambridge plan, but I really wanted my BMI down to 29/30 before doing WW

Its good that you used the cambride diet as akick start but i expect (im not an expert!) that you will either stay the same or gain a few pounds at your first WW meeting.

What would be a good idea is to do what you said and go up the plans (even if it is a super speedy one) then once your on the WW plan, ease in the carbs, so use your points mainly on meat etc and gradually each week spend more points on carbs.

This (to me) is the best way not to pile on a few pounds in your first few weeks, a year ago i did cambridge for 3 weeks the went on to SW, i stayed the same at my first weigh in and didnt lose much at all the 2nd.

Obviously by sticking to weight watchers you are going to see a loss each week eventually as it is a good diet, but to aviod a gain and disapointment in the first few weeks i suggest what i said above.

Again im not an expert its just what i would do.

Hope all goes well for you!!!
let us know how you get on

x

my feeling is that you should do whatever you feel is right to keep you on the weightloss path - if you have it in your head to get off cambridge in a period of time and then move on to something else then it might be better to do that than to possibly go off the cambridge diet whilst trying to stay on it

i'm not trying to be negative but i think you should do what feels right for your motivation in the long term

good luck :)

Hi

Dizzyflowers - very good idea yes I think I will do a meat/protein diet for the first 2 weeks when starting WW as to not gain too much (if any) as Iknow that it is harder for me personally It takes longer to lose my carbs than other diet, however I wanted to only do CD for this amount of time as I was petrified that any longer I would resenthe diet and binge (as I have done previously) so my new plan has worked so far and I have been 100%

Thnks tattyboo yes defo going to do what feels right and not force myself to do any more than I have planned

Back