What do you take for lunch?

stmcalee01

Hi all,

I am so tired from all the travelling this weekend that I can't think...

I am in work tomorrow and will have access to a fridge and microwave. Was just wondering what you take for lunches?

Any ideas for my poor tired brain would be welcome.

Well, I tend to have my gallette for lunch, so you could take that, heat it up and have it with some flavoured greek yoghurt. Unless you preferred something savoury, in which case, its the tuna! ( balsamic vinegar and salad!)

tessa

I have made a load of tuna and mackerel paté for lunch :) tin of tuna / couple of mackerel fillets and quark with a bit of pepper and paprika to flavour :) I'm still on attack so nothing else with it today but still full on my gallette from brekkie. Though I am planning to make a load of it for cruise next week and have it with celery sticks / salad / roast peppers :)

On PP days
Chunks of chicken, slices of ham, or chopped up fritata
Tub of cottage cheese and slices of turkey ham - rolled up into little wraps
Crabsticks (8 max) and prawns - with some cottage cheese

On PV
Roasted veggies with chicken
Salad with chicken, ham or boiled eggs
Lettuce wraps with cottage cheese or tuna and flavoured quark

Sometimes have a yoghurt too

I've been making a Dukan bread with my oatbran (no wheatbran added or anything), toasting it and having it with some natural yoghurt and low fat healthy eating bacon and a sliced mini babybel light on it... About 180 calories altogether, can prepare it in advance and it looks like a sandwich so no weird glares from curious people! x

using the microwave.......

PP
scrambled eggs and toss in smoked fish/ham etc
fish chowders/chicken soup

PV
chicken/turkey pieces or meatballs in ratatouille
chicken and vegetable curry (butternut squash, cauliflower etc)

This is a great thread, can be hard to be inventive for the work lunch. :) Xx

Never a great fan of convenience packaged foods, I cook at the weekend, and freeze in packages. Or use leftovers.

This weekend for PP, for instance, I marinated some cubes of turkey breast, and steak in garlic and ginger, and dry fried. Froze together for variety. If ever I cook one piece of salmon, I cook two, half the extra one, and use as one of several ingredients for next two day's lunches.

PV options are limitless. Spag bol sauce freezes well. I love it cold too! Ratatouille next to some meat you've cooked yourself - far more filling than the salty prepackaged meats.

I also use a six muffin silicon mould to produce little Dukan quiches, preparing three little PP ones and adding onion/tomato/whatever into the PV ones. Nice addition to a tupperware box.

Particularly for those of you finding it hard to eat enough protein, instead of having a tonne of ONE protein ingredient at lunch, try making up a starter and main. (Small piece of leftover cooked salmon with a handful of prawns, for instance, for starter... then your main dish.)

Inspired by all these - I was struggling for lunches - love the wee quiche idea, the lettuce wraps sound good too and will deffo be doing the fish pate. Thanks all!! Kx

Thanks so much ladies. I took a bag of chicken brest and a tub of cottage cheese. I also has a boiled egg.

To my horror it was a bring and share lunch with all manner of goodies both sweet and savoury but I managed to resist and stck to my lunch.

Thanks so much ladies. I took a bag of chicken brest and a tub of cottage cheese. I also has a boiled egg.

To my horror it was a bring and share lunch with all manner of goodies both sweet and savoury but I managed to resist and stck to my lunch.

This is something I'm dreading at work, we often celebrate world festivals in school with kids and staff sampling foods from the different countries. Lots of parents come in with food they've prepared and as deputy head I'll feel so rude to refuse non Dukan food. :( I'll have to come up with a strategy in advance! Any ideas gratefully received :)Xx

Aha. Another teacher! You will just need to be creative with yoit eating and excuses. It its hard to insist the kids eat what we eat when we are trying to dodge it!

Aha. Another teacher! You will just need to be creative with yoit eating and excuses. It its hard to insist the kids eat what we eat when we are trying to dodge it!

Oh I know - at least in our school we have a healthy eating policy so that eliminates some of the pitfalls. The old "I don't eat wheat, I don't think it agrees with me." line goes a long way too. :)Xx

Oh my! I'm a teacher too :D I am planning to bring in lots of Dukan friendly goodies and just hoping the staff room fridge raiders don't get their hands on them!

Back