What do you track?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by .Nicki., 20 September 2010 Social URL.

1. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

I was just going with the assumption that if i tracked calories then i'd be ok. I did think if something is loaded with suger/fat/junk then that would increase the calories.
    But this morning a friend said i needed to track cals/fat/sat fat/carbs/protein because some things are low in cal but high in everything else. Is she right, should i track everything?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use food focus to track my food and excercise.
    x

4. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

Thanks for the link, thats a pretty cool site, had most of the stuff i've eaten today too although they're a few calories off on most things. Food focus says to have 1500cals and an app on my ipod said 1700, think i should just split the difference and go for 1600?

5. happyhippo

happyhippo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I use mapmyfitness to track my food and exercise :)

6. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    To be honest I've only ever tracked calories :) if you count everything else it gets too faffy and you get frustrated with it, better to keep things simple :)

I think it's pretty much rule of thumb that if something's rediculously high in calories that it's going to be high in sugar/fat/salt/carbs etc... And if you're counting calories you tend to pick the things that are low in calories that you can get a lot of for your calories, i.e. vegetables, fruit, lean meats etc etc :)

I wouldn't worry about the rest :)

7. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I only track the cals, but I make sure it isn't really high in sat fat or sugars and salt before... don't officially count it though

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.