What do you want??..............

Daisy1966

Gold Member
So Gang, apart from weight loss what do we all want for christmas? I would like some posh perfume, and vouchers for clothes please Santa (I have been very good) pmsl xxx :D

I want clothes vouchers too.. I desperately need new knickers that don't end up falling down (and NOT for that reason, you dirty lot!! lol)

I really don't want anything else, just a happy time, and i hope everyone one on here enjoys their Chrimbo too x x x

Shall we?? We could do it for charity!!

The best charity would be the Royal National Institute for the Blind if i am in it!! pmsl x x

I want good health! I have had five years of ill health and, pardon the pun, I'm sick of it!

I had an emergency hysterectomy in 2005 cos I had an enormous tumour, shattered my leg in 2006, had major reconstructive surgery and 18 plates and pins inserted......two more ops in 2007, breast scare in 2008, complete mental and physical breakdown in 2009 (haven't worked since) heart complaint at the beginning of this year and now having a hip replacement in 10 days! Phew.........and to think I used to worry when I had a pimple!

I just want to be normal again.....please, is it too much to ask?

Oh and yeah, some nice knickers would be good too!

I want good health! I have had five years of ill health and, pardon the pun, I'm sick of it!

I had an emergency hysterectomy in 2005 cos I had an enormous tumour, shattered my leg in 2006, had major reconstructive surgery and 18 plates and pins inserted......two more ops in 2007, breast scare in 2008, complete mental and physical breakdown in 2009 (haven't worked since) heart complaint at the beginning of this year and now having a hip replacement in 10 days! Phew.........and to think I used to worry when I had a pimple!

I just want to be normal again.....please, is it too much to ask?

Oh and yeah, some nice knickers would be good too!

Babes.. You really have had a rough time of it!! Fingers crossed, this will be your last operation for a long, long time, and 2011 will be a wonderful, healthy and slim year for you. x x x x

You really deserve to get good health Sandra! I want to see pics of you ski-ing and riding a horse next year huni! Just ten days to go? Are you nervous or just want to get it done asap? I cant imagine how I would feel in your position. hugs xxx

I hope you all get what you want for Christmas, especially you Sandra!

Me, I'm hoping for money to go towards my girly holiday to L.A in March/April. Meant to be booking it in January so hoping I have enough for the tickets and stuff! It's going to be my treat for myself for completing the diet and an early 25th birthday present even though my birthdays in august lol.

Thanks guys....after I wrote it down I looked at what I'd written and though *uck that looks bad.....and I'd missed the swine flu when I came back from travelling last Feb!

Anyway, everything is going to be fine I'm sure but, yes, I am majorly terrified. It's not just the op, which will be good cos it will get rid of the pain, it's the enormous amount of recovery, physio etc. Not being able to drive for a couple of months, we live in the middle of nowhere! Not being able to get in the bath, or bend, or sit in an armchair or have sex! Or cross my legs.....the list goes on and on!

Daisy, I've decided against the skiing after all, decided that the risk of dislocation is just too great and if it did happen would mean that the whole op would have to be redone and it's
apparently much, much worse, second time around. So Paul is going on a boys' trip without me at the beginning of Feb......I'll go in 2012 by which time I will be 100% fit and well.

The other thing, and this is really stupid I know, is.....I've got quite smooth thighs now, they look ok and feel good......and my left one is going to be sliced up, I'm going to have an enormous scar, the muscles' are all going to chopped up and it's never going to be smooth again. I know that this is silly and at my age it hardly matters if my thighs are in good shape, but at least they feel nice now, Paul's not going to want to touch the scarred one is he? I've got a 10 inch scar down my shin and around my ankle from my broken leg but no-one ever touches your lower legs do they? And the scar from my hysterectomy is covered by my fuzzy bits so only I know it's there.......

Sorry I don't know if any of this makes sense? I guess that I should think myself lucky that I at least my problem can be solved and at least it's not like it was my face or a breast.......just feeling sorry for myself x

I hope you all get what you want for Christmas, especially you Sandra!

Me, I'm hoping for money to go towards my girly holiday to L.A in March/April. Meant to be booking it in January so hoping I have enough for the tickets and stuff! It's going to be my treat for myself for completing the diet and an early 25th birthday present even though my birthdays in august lol.

Wow Abbie, that will be a fantastic holiday! I love girly trips, don't get me wrong I love holidays with Paul too but some of the ones that I had prior to settling down..........words fail me! What date is your birthday? Mines in August too, the 17th x

Sandra, These are all things other people wouldnt think of but are real concerns for you babes, Its a massive thing to have to go through, I really feel for you and we need to stay in touch to chat, laugh or cry whilst you are recovering. Im sure Paul will love all of you and be greatfull you will eventually be free of pain. You are a very brave lady and I know you will say you havent had a choice, but to come on here everyday and help and support everyone else when you have so much going on yourself shows what a lovely lady you are. xxx

Thanks Daisy and Sandra, hoping it will be a fab holiday. :D

My birthday is 9th August Sandra! Yay for us August babies :D

Sandra, These are all things other people wouldnt think of but are real concerns for you babes, Its a massive thing to have to go through, I really feel for you and we need to stay in touch to chat, laugh or cry whilst you are recovering. Im sure Paul will love all of you and be greatfull you will eventually be free of pain. You are a very brave lady and I know you will say you havent had a choice, but to come on here everyday and help and support everyone else when you have so much going on yourself shows what a lovely lady you are. xxx

Thanks Daisy, at the moment I must feel like a moany old moo! But to put things into perspective, my neighbour, Nicola, up the lane is 41, had a cancer scare and lost a breast earlier this summer. She decided to have the other one removed as a precautionary measure and had the op a couple of weeks ago and a reconstruction performed at the same time. Anyway to cut a long story short, she's in hospital on a drip with a serious infection, just one step removed from septicaemia ....and she's got three kids aged under 10! Makes my troubles seem
pathetic in comparison!

Do you know what I need? A bloody good drink! Cheers x

I moved back to ireland this year after living in the states for 11 years, so this is going to be my first christmas with my family in 10 years so i'm so looking forward to it

I Loooove christmas. I never want anything really , but this year clothes vouchers would go down well, and I asked my mum to buy me Welly boots rofl.

I know this sounds cheesy but for me Christmas is all about the family, My kids are a little older now and are able to understand it more, I cannot wait to see their faces in the morning. So long as my family and friends are healthy and happy I couldn't care less about what is laying under the tree for me. My nan passed away in August and we are all very close, So its going to be an emotional one this year too, especially for my dad.

I really hope that everyone gets what they wish for this year,

Sandra I will send you good health in a special little parcel. Your Op has come round very quick, good luck not that you need it.

Abbie would there be room in the case for little me (i say little cos' thats what i will be lol)

lol kerry, I'm sure I could fit you in :D

Back