What Does Everyone Do Xmas Day?!

xCherryKx

Hey everyone,

Just wondered what everyone does on Xmas day?! Do you have a ritual that you stick to, to make a busy day easier?! Or do you just go with the flow?! As the day usually revolves around family and a big dinner for most people, I thought it'd be interesting to see how different everyone's day is!

It's just me and the other half first thing, so we tend to wake up around 9ish, open a few presents then make breakfast bagels - bagel, bacon, egg, cheese slice and Philly! These are the perfect start to Xmas day lol. Then we'll watch a film or some tv and prep dinner. Then we pick up my other half's daughter and take her for a long walk, usually to feed the ducks. After dropping her off we come home and make dinner. We usually make enough for a football team lol waaay too much! But never mind, means we get bubble and squeak on Boxing Day! Then we have friends over for games and drinks to finish off a busy but relaxed day :D
This year we're having the other half's three best mates over for dinner as well, so should be a good laugh as they're nuts lol! But I'm not putting any pressure on myself to do anything different (always make too much dinner anyway lol!) or I'll end up stressed! However, I have banned Fifa and COD - no more than an hour of PS3 for them haha!

What do you all do?! :)

Luvz,
D* xXx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What a great question. I shall be popping in to see what everyone says, because I'm nosey and love knowing what other people do!!!

Me and OH get up about 9. We open our stockings. As a child we had stockings at the end of our bed, that when Father Christmas had been were filled with silly little gifts (usually costing £1) from people like the tooth fairy or The snowman!!! My Mum still does the stockings, and even though I'm not waking up at my Mums anymore, me and OH still get a stocking. I think me and my Brothers (16 and 21) would be devastated if it stopped!!!

Me and OH off out for Christmas dinner, so lot's of champagne. Then back to mine to put on P.J's and open pressies and eat chocolate and watch telly or play the wii.

Boxing day at my Mums. My favourite dinner. Mash potatoe, cold turkey and ham with pickles. Mum's amazing Trifle. Then lot's of booze and games. Can't wait!! Just wish we had some young children in the family, it's not so magical without them. :)

Back