What does everyone intend to follow.....

triage999

Gold Member
Post Exante????

I'm seriously considering an Atkins based diet maybe??? But I really want the occasional carbs!!!

I did full on Atkins years ago and although it was lush eating all the meat I wanted etc at first it got pretty damn boring and a craved carbs massively!

Did WW on and off for 8 years and first time (pre age 30) on normal points plan I lost 56lbs!

Tried it again last year on the new PP's system and shifted barely anything and felt hungry all the time due to the munchkin size meals!

So I don't really think it's an option now I'm older and more sluggish!

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice sustainable way of eating forever?

Jo x

Im going to eat like a 'normal' person I refuse to spend any more of my life counting points, syns, calories etc

Low carb

Hi there :)

I am hoping to try and follow a low carb type plan with some complex carbs included. I think that I will need to avoid bread at all costs as it has been an evil influence on me all my life :rolleyes:
I find that when I exclude all wheat based products I have more energy and no puffy ankles so I think I might have a mild sensitivity to wheat based products (not coeliac)

I am scared however that I will slip back into old ways so I am planning to be quite strict with my diet during the week and allow myself a bit of lee way at weekends. I think the 80/20 rule would be a good rule of thumb to maintain weight and I know that using that rule would not cause me weight loss.

Im going to eat like a 'normal' person I refuse to spend any more of my life counting points, syns, calories etc

^^^ This.
I dont want to spend the rest of my life on a diet, I'm just going to be sensible :D
I wont be cutting anything out....I'll just have things in moderation, even bread and chocolate!

Triage when I lost my weight before using CD I went on to become a cambridge diet counsellor and did that for 5 years but had to stop when we emigrated as vlcd are only available on prescription in france so no CD in france. Anyway my old eating habits returned and I regained all my weight. Knowing what to do doesn't always stop you from doing the wrong thing.
As a cambridge counsellor we advocated a low GI way of eating post diet to maintain weight, which is what I did do. I personally like Rosemary Connleys way of eating as it is Low GI, great recipes and if you choose to go to the classes weekly exercise too.

as star light says .. i think if I was to feel I was on a 'diet ' for the rest of my life i will fail . So i am going to use the principals of SW , and low GI carbs and smaller portions .. just hopefully learn to eat like a thin person :)

I wil do low carb when I reach my goal :)

NADA! Healthy eating, lots of exercise and water and just enjoy life without over-indulging! I cannot spend my life counting calories! Once I'm done, I'm done. I've already got to lose the weight and go through maintenance (planning moving up through the solutions for a few weeks at a pop until my weight stabilises), then it’s up to me and my own discipline.

I would recommend a website pegalexanderkeepingweightoff.co.uk. In a nutshell she lost 5 stone with lighterlife and has maintained her weight for last 6 years (?) on her website she shares info on foods she eats, she refuses to count calories but just eats alot of the right stuff with treats thrown in in moderation. Def worth a look!

Thanks Tenney, looks interesting!

Hi Triage, Am going to try a low carb regime for a while, been a real eye opener for me on exante and reading these boards that carbs been my downfall. Doh...think Id have cottoned on before!!
Have read India and Neris's diary for support on how to reintroduce carbs, and seems a logical way to see what certain carbs do to me. Anything to eat be a plus after all these weeks on TS!!
Good luck whatever you decide!

Back