What does it mean when your weight STS?

emmie86

Angelic Fruitcake
Hi all well I had my fourth week weigh in and found I'd stayed the same. I'm not disappointed by this at all as I've lost 19lb in a month which far exceeded the 14lb I was hoping for. But I was just wondering what does it actually mean when you STS what is my body doing differently to make me not lose weight this week? And also so why do some people have weeks where they STS whilst others lose every week even if it is only a small amount? By the way I am on CD SS whitch I have stuck to 100% and it is not my TOTM. Thanks in advance xxx

I take my hat off to you for staying positive and not being disappointed.

It's so easy to lose sight of the bigger picture.

Okay, to explain the STS. When the fat leaves the fat cells, the cells can replace with water. It's only a short term thing. All of a sudden they'll release the water and the scales drop again.

I'm not sure why this happens to some people and not others, but most people have a period of it at some time during a diet.

Kind of annoying, but good to know the fat is still coming off.

Thanks KD I would only be dissapointed if I had gained weight or had cheated in whitch case I would be dissapointed with myself. But like I said I can't be disappointed with sts as 19lb loss in my other three weeks is more then I could of asked for. And thanks for the info on the cells replacing the fat with water I'm one of those geeky people who loves to know the science behind stuff. And it is good to know that the fat is still on the move. And thankyou to sleepybird aswell xxx

Well done for remaining positive! :D I do think maybe you are a small one week big the next type of loser.. looking at your losses so far.. week 2 you lost 3lb then 9lb the next week :)

Maybe you're in for a big loss next week but whatever it is, it'll add to your great total so far! :D

Thanks purple hugs Yes I see what you mean I do seem to be forming pattern and yes fingers crossed next week I will have a nice nice loss xxx

Last edited:
I ve heard thst you can stay thw same after loosing a massive amount as the body needs to catch up as such.

No science - just the ramblings of a very tired sarah

Thanks Sarah xxx

Back