What does losing the weight mean to you?

Wow, I can really agree with all you guys have said!!

What kicked me into action the first time round was, I was in the doctors, and as I was walking out, a little girl said, "Look mummy, fat lady!" I was totally mortified!

I just need to keep that thought in my head to keep me on track for when I get back on the wagon! Which WILL be tomorrow, I'm determined!!!

Oh, and the plane tray - spot on! When I went on holiday last May at a whopping 18 stones, I couldn't even fir the food on the tray, it would have been like putting it on a ski slope! Straight down the piste, ha ha! Love the idea of us all getting on the back of the plane - that would have been some wheelie!!! Not now of course, though!!

xx

My big thing, apart from all the other things you've mentioned (esp. the no chafing thighs thing) is that I haven't had a relationship in ten years. My weight has been a huge issue for me and in many ways an excuse for having to avoid any type of intimacy with anyone. I don't even like hugging friends as I felt so aware of my width when people put their arms around me. Being fat has been a way of keeping men at bay. After all, I knew I was grotesque, so I had no trouble with the notion that this opinion would be shared by others. It's scary now. I have a healthy BMI and that excuse is gone. Now I'm scared that a guy would find my loose skin horrible and am ashamed of that. Arggh!!! Now I'm wallowing in self-pity! I feel a thought record coming on!

Confidence - not only in my body image - but in everything else! I'm so much more confident in the ability to do my job, in meeting new people, in smiling at handsome men(!), feeling that people are taking me seriously. I also like the fact that I am controlling my food, and NOT my food controlling me. Its very empowering.

Walking without wobbling is great (!) and getting on my horse without him having to brace himself first! Looking down at my legs and not recognising them is still an issue for me at present - and also when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror - no recognising my body! Very strange!

Back