What does OFF PLAN mean to you?

binibikini

supposed to be working!
Be it planned or accidental - when you have an 'off-plan' day, does it mean you eat like you normally would have if you hadn't been on CD, bringing you out of ketosis?

And then do you go back directly the next day or ease in all over again? Presumably you would have to wait a few days to get back into ketosis too?

Just wanted some info on how individual people go about it. Thanks!

I was just talking to my CDC about this tonight. I'll be moving up to 1000 in a month's time as I have some really important social events and i don't want to be asking just for grilled fish and cabbage. I'm choosing to eat off plan at these - it's a conscious pre-planned decision.

Lapsing on the other hand is what I did two weeks ago when I ate some sugary crap without really thinking through the consequences. It wasn't planned - I just did it.

Going off plan or lapsing really can be a slippery slope. When I did SS+ (I'm a restarter) I didnt' lapse once. I had a lot of food cravings but recognised the addictive desire and dealt with it. This time I'm going to stick to the rules err after I go off plan for these events.

It will take you a few days to get back into ketosis. I don't enjoy that bit and that's why next time I get out (ie on 1000) I'm staying out.

Last edited:
I am going to Egypt in 4 weeks and I plan to be off plan...I will take 2 products for each day...bars and tetras and have a no carb dinner.

That is off plan for me, hopefully stay in ketosis. I am lucky because I dont drink :)

For me, not being a SS-er, having an off-plan day doesn't mean I've blown through the 1000 calorie barrier (though I might have done), but that I've not stuck to the guidelines given in the CD bible. Like last sunday, when I ate too many prawns...

I went 'off plan' on holiday 3 weeks ago :D and sooo glad i did even though i gained (ive lost it all since plus more)

I ate....normally..didnt deny myself but didnt binge either. Came right out of ketosis.

I am now overjoyed as ive proved to myself i can go offplan and get straight back on SS+ with no probs. (a big deal to me)

my idea of "off plan" is any meals away from the CD book....so my 2 meals out this week, although i had chicken and salad, the quantities were more than they should have been so i class them as being "off plan"
I have weigh in tomorrow so i will see if my off plan time has resulted in a gain :(

xxx

Off plan to me means not sticking to the guidelines. I had last week as a planned break and although I made healthy choices, I didn't stick to the book.

I got straight back onto SS on Sunday and managed to lose the 1.5lb I'd gained plus another 2lb.

The important thing for me is knowing that I can chose healthy options.

I have basically been off plan for the past week minus 2 days and im ashamed to say its been binge binge binge drink drink drink....it was my birthday though, thats my excuse and im sticking to it!!
I do plan to get back on plan on Sunday!

For me, not being a SS-er, having an off-plan day doesn't mean I've blown through the 1000 calorie barrier (though I might have done), but that I've not stuck to the guidelines given in the CD bible. Like last sunday, when I ate too many prawns...

Interested in lunar jim's comments about too many prawns ....... is there a limit on these when you are on 1000? Thought they were low in both fat and carbs (maybe I'm wrong). On a related note and just a point of interest, someone said squid was good - but I doubt this has it has one of the highest cholestoral levels of any food .....

Interested in lunar jim's comments about too many prawns ....... is there a limit on these when you are on 1000? Thought they were low in both fat and carbs (maybe I'm wrong)

Yes, prawns are a good food in terms of fat and carbs but there is a limit on everything, whether imposed by the diet or imposed by yourself. Ten skewers with five king prawns on each is definately over my self-imposed 'moderation limit' and into 'old-self binge eating' IMHO.

I went off plan when I went on holiday - I intended to see how it went (we were full board) but try to avoid the carb foods - pastries, croissants, pasta etc. I did stick to eating meat, fish, eggs, salad and veg and didn't really crave any of the sweet things (a FIRST for me!) as I guess my blood sugar levels didn't fluctuate wildly. Had I started eating the cakes etc. I think I might not have stopped. I ate plenty (of the low-carb foods) and had put only 2lbs on when I came back which went in a couple of days back on SS - so for me, it's all about the carbs

Back