What does your day normally look like food wise?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering how people normally spend their calories. What do you have for breakfast? And lunch? Those are the two I get stuck on!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1366786599.117716.jpg

This was my lunch/snacks yesterday. Banana, apple, egg, fruit and nut mix, 7 veg cottage pie with broccoli and craisins. I make big pots of stuff on a Sunday and freeze them for my lunch. At the moment in the freezer I have individual bags of cottage pie, bolognaise (to be eaten with whole meal pasta) and roasted veg soup!

Today I've had:

cinnamon & raisin bagel
Butter, 2 coffees
4 ryvita hint of chilli
60g low low spread
10 cherry tomatoes
Vanilla muller light
Banana
Chilli
Cous Cous

Why not add some people on my fitness pal or read some diaries to get some ideas? xx

My breakfast is pretty much always porridge and a banana. But doesn't seem to fill me so thinking of boiled eggs on toast, which is only about 50 cals more. Lunch is a cuppa soup with crackers, a salad, something light :) x

in the week mine is porridge and banana and does fill me at weekends we have 2 warbuton thins with 2 turkey sausages with 2 scrambled eggs no milk added or 2 crumpets with half tin beans reduced sugar and salt with a poached egg

I always have the same in the week - an Eat Natural Brazil Nut and Apricot bar for breakfast (though I don't eat it until after mid-day) then a 200g pot of reduced sugar baked beans, with mini breadsticks, followed by 200g of pineapple for lunch. :) xx

I have porridge every day for break because I have a high cholesterol level. Fruit mid morning, either a wholemeal bread sandwich or half a tin of big soup with one small slice of bread for lunch. Evening meal is where I quite often fall off the wagon. I am trying to have chicken or fish with vegetables most days, but I have to cook something completely different for my husband, and I hate cooking at the best of times so I sometimes just have what he has. Not good :( Note to self: must try harder to spend more time cooking!

Hi, my usual day starts with a packet of nutrigrain breakfast biscuits which is just under 200 cals, i'm not overly fussy about food in a morning so these suit me well, i can just eat them along with my morning cup of tea, then i usually have soup and some dark rye ryvitas and tuna mayo, or soup with a sandwich, my lunch is usually around 350-500 cals depending on sandwich filling, my fav soup atm is asda good for you thai chicken soup its only 130 cals for full tin its lovely, i went into asda this aft and bought 10 tins i eat it every day though so go through quite a lot of it lol its only £2 for 5 tins too so works out quite a cheap lunch! i usually have a nice filling tea like spag bol, chilli con carne, cottage pie, chicken in sauce with rice, gammon with veg, fish in butter/lemon this is really low in cals so will normally have fish and new potatoes/veg if iv'e had a higher cal lunch my tea is normally around 550-700 cals and i normally have a couple of 100 cal treats/snacks a day, i like to snack at night time whilst watching tv so i try to save my treats for then :)

I usually have either granola and yoghurt for breakfast or porridge. For lunch/dinner it's normally homemade soup, chicken or prawn salad, grilled salmon with a tomato salsa (homemade), peas and carrots, wholegrain pasta (lunch only), steak and salad. I basically eat anything, but substitute carbohydrates in the evening and some lunches with a big salad or lots of veg. Tonight I had a steak with salad, not quite as yummy as chips and onion rings, but it was still good. Snack wise I tend to have a piece of fruit around 11 and then a wholegrain crisp or some yoghurt around 3/4 but nothing more than 100 cals.

I usually have 2 slices of weight watchers toast with marmite for breakfast and homemade veg soup for lunch or a nimble sandwich for lunch. I don't really like sweet stuff much so I tend to have some sort of cheesy snack in the morning like a babybel or something or a bag of crisps but im trying to be healthier so im going to have yogurt and fruit for breakfast and some sort of salad with lunch.

I have 1500 cals and have 500 cals per meal. Sounds a lot but I have 500 for breakfast and morning snack and 500 for lunch and an afternoon snack.

It's normally
B- bar and a shake or smoothie or cereal
L- sandwich or salad
D- loads of different family meals as we are a young family of four. I just have a smaller portion and loads of side salad. I've made lots of new things since starting though and making changes like using quorn or making things from scratch.

Back