What drinks am I allowed on CD?

Linzois

HI again

Just wondered what drinks I can have on CD? I know I need to drink 2 litres+ of water, but are there are other drinks I can have? DIet coke or sugar free drinks etc?

Thanks
Linzois

From week 3 you can buy water flavourings from your CDC. Black tea / coffee is allowed but should not be included in your 4pts water per day.

No sugar free squash or diet drinks allowed (although some drink Coke Zero - but officially it's not allowed).

Hi there, don't think you can have diet drinks - most of them contain citric acid and that affects weight loss for most people. You can have black coffee, black tea and herbal teas. You can buy water flavouring from your CDC as well (haven't tried this myself so can't tell you what flavours they come in!). The rules say not to have fruit teas as some contain hidden sugar but I have to confess to drinking some of them and according to the labels there's no sugar or anything in them. My favourite hot drinks are black earl grey tea and camomile and spiced apple - a bit like drinking a danish pastry, LOL!

From week 3 you can buy water flavourings from your CDC. Black tea / coffee is allowed but should not be included in your 4pts water per day.

No sugar free squash or diet drinks allowed (although some drink Coke Zero - but officially it's not allowed).

My CDC told me that you can count black tea and coffee as part of your 4 pints of water per day.

Same here, I drink about 4 pints of coffee than water most days.

I'm glad you mentioned this TrueBlue as I drink about 6 cups of Green Tea a day and when I asked my CDC if this counts towards my water intake she said it didn't:hmm:I was sure it did?

This is from the CD website

'In addition to the water used to mix the Diet drinks and soups, it is vital that you drink at least 2.25 litres (4 pts) of water per day. Other fluids can include black tea, coffee, and herbal teas (leaf not flower) and flavoured waters.'

Hope that helps.

I'm one of those bad people who stray slightly from the official rules.

I drink the Perfectly Clear Red Apple and Perfectly Clear Strawberry and Kiwi. They both have malic acid instead of the citric acid, so no problem with them interfering with ketosis and sugar free.

Peppermint tea is also good!! counts towards your water as well since there is no caffine in it :)

I would say though, in regard to the extras I take...that is just me and it's not officially allowed.

a shout out for rooibos (redbush) tea. that plus refrigerated CD flavoured water gets me through the day! :)

I drink the Perfectly Clear Red Apple and Perfectly Clear Strawberry and Kiwi. They both have malic acid instead of the citric acid, so no problem with them interfering with ketosis and sugar free.

Peppermint tea is also good!! counts towards your water as well since there is no caffine in it :)

I would say though, in regard to the extras I take...that is just me and it's not officially allowed.

does anyone else have perfectly clear?
i could quite easily drink 3l of this a day

im gonna out and get sum lol im that desperate ..
just looked up the strawberry and kiwi is fizzy and the red apple is still is that right?

Yeah. That's right.

I remember asking this on my CDC training day, and they couldn't see any reason why it should be an issue....but looks like it's never been put in the literature.

That was 3 years ago now though....if I asked again, they might tell me a completely different story!

That said, I've never had an issue with it.

Officially, and all that, it's 4 pints of water, but if you want to have teas and coffee etc, you can have that aswell as the water...not instead of.

The website says in addition, not instead of

Teas that are allowed (in addition)

Cambridge Teas

The following teas are fine:

black tea
Mint
Nettle
Green tea,
Redbush

No to:
Chamomile
Fennel
Earl Grey

Coley said:

:copon:
LOL

Some people don't seem to have a problem with perf. Clear. Others do. The rules have changed about it. I think the PC thing was only allowed for a very short time.

But anyway, if the CD water flavourings aren't considered part of the 4pints, then I very much doubt that PC would be.

I did hear, from a very good source, that redbush tea could be included in the water allowance, but just that.

Having said all this, personally, I have some issues with some of this, but that's what I have to recommend as a CDC. The official line and all that ;)

Oh, and something else. If you have the water flavourings, you shouldn't have the mix a mousse. It's one or tother.

CD water flavourings make the water not count?? oh nooooo! I'm dooooooooomed! and tea doesn't count? but whhhhhhy?

Why indeed...but that the rules laid out at the moment. :(

tea and coffee dont count as it has caffene in it which dehydrates you so actually if you have normal tea and coffee you should actually drink a bit more water to make up for it :) or just drink decaff

oh hang on,... the water you drink with the flavouring dont count?! that doesnt make sense as people use it to help them drink all their water???

tomorrow im going to try 1.5L of plain water and 1.5L of perfectly clear. I can just about manage that i think.
I know im not supposed to but others do and im all for trying if it doesnt agree with me then ill have to grin and bear 3L of plain water (yuck!)

Back