what exactly does water do, besides hydration???

kittyjim

Hi, new to this and new to lipotrim, great forum, on day 5, tough enough......just wondering does it matter how much water I drink, getting mixed messages, and what exactly does water do, besides hydration???

Don't know the science or anything, but what I do know is that it keeps my belly feeling satisfied. It has also made a massive difference to my troublesome skin problems, I'm glowing and get nowhere near as many blemishes! :D

you said it .. water keeps you hydrated .. without it your organs cannot work properly !!! Because of the nature of TFR diets ... you need to drink a lot more water as your 'food ' doesnt contain much .... an average person should drink 1.5-2 litres to keep properly hydrated .. that is when you are also eating foods that contain water .. because you are not eating .. you need to drink more ... 3- 4 litres ideally !!!!
It also helps to flush toxins out of your system through your liver and kidneys

Hey Kittyjim as ppl have already said water is important- it will also help with the bad breath when you hit ketosis

Very true, I've been drinking approx 3.5 litres of water a day, every day (on top of what goes into shakes and tea/coffee) and haven't had any bad breath (and I've been asking my mum to check for me... and she's not one to hold back on the truth!!!). My mouth feels quite dry and furry when I wake up in the morning, but a good brushing, tongue scraping and gargling swiftly sorts that out. Once I finish on this diet I will definitely keep the water habit up, as it's just so beneficial for your health.

Weight loss experts in the past have also told me that the body cannot burn fat whilst dehydrated. Apparantly water is part of the chemical reaction. I manage 3-4 litres a day and that seems to keep my ketones high. When i had a bad week last week with water (1 day i only drank 1.5 litres) my ketones dropped to low and only lost 3lb. Be carefull though cause too much (in excess of 5-6litres although everyone is different) causes you to go into hyponutremia where you loose too much sodium which is essential in maintaining blood and organ function, particularly blood pressure and blood acid/base balance. Sodium defficiency symptoms include fatigue, muscle cramps and hair loss.

Back