What gravy is the nicest?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im missing my gravy made with meat juices :wave_cry:
Im wondering what gravy you guys are using, which is the nicest and i guess lowest in syn?

i love the bisto granules! always the best taste after meat juices and home made gravy!
tried lots of diff ones but only bisto does it! hate,hate,hate morrisons own one.

Yeah i got Asdas own and it was minging, I ended up not even eating the food underneath it!

lol yeah the morrisons was like that and the jug i used to make it in...omg.....its sooooooooo greasy,i swear it took like a whole bottle of fairy and one heck of a lot of scrubbing to clean that jug!!! threw the rest of it straight away!

oh and theres a syn free gravy a few people have suggested,im going to be brave and try it this week!

What's the syn's in the bisto gravy?

hey becca...its 1syn per level tsp of granules.

I like the Tesco's own gravy granules - 100ml is 2 syns and its not bad.

I love the szwartz classic beef gravy sachet, hope im right in thinking its about 5 or 6 syns for the packet, and you would only use half of it at the most. Please dont tell me its more syns than that ( crossing fingers)

Im missing my gravy made with meat juices :wave_cry:
Im wondering what gravy you guys are using, which is the nicest and i guess lowest in syn?

You can still make your gravy with the meat juices just remove the fat before you use it. Put it in the fridge until the fat settles on the top and goes solid and then just scrape it off.

You can still make your gravy with the meat juices just remove the fat before you use it. Put it in the fridge until the fat settles on the top and goes solid and then just scrape it off.

See I said that to my consultant Circes and she said no ... I cant see why you couldnt either as long as you are taking the fat off .. same with mince. :D

i use bisto chicken gravey granuals with is actually 1/2syn per tbs, stir in a spoon full of bovril, 1 beef oxo cube, a drop of wochester sauce and balsamic vinegar, and then use the water from the veg.

YUM and if only serving two then half a syn x

Thanks guys some fab ideas!!!

I always use Bisto gravy powder (syns below) or oxo cubes (syn free) :)

Bisto Gravy Powder, Original, dried 1 level tsp

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original ½ Syn Green ½ Syn

Back