What happened?

Emms0476

Week 2 pretty much a 100% week with a little wobble of chicken and lettuce but week 2 WI only a 1 lb loss! Yes I need to drink more water but I'm still drinking a lot!
All week i have resisted temptation from party's and takeaways and watched them be eaten in front of me!
Bit depressed by it all to be honest and now I'm having to fight the demon inside that's saying oh well you may as well have a day off then!
I knew that weight loss would plateaux at some point but week 2 with 4ish stone still to lose!!!

Sadly our bodies don't know the days we weigh in :( It will drop the weight but will not always show it to us when we expect. You had a great loss last week and people usually advise to look at the average over a month as week 2 and 3 can sometimes be a bit grrrrrrr!

Right now your body is getting use to the changes and adapting, the scales WILL catch up if you keep on keeping on.

Keep going, you are doing really well. You have lost half a stone in 2 weeks! Thats fab!! xx

Thank you I will try to look at it that way! I just felt unrewarded for trying sooo hard!!!
I won't let it spoil my determination!
This is the reason this forum is so good I probably would have given up if I was on my own but being able to share and get sensible advice really helps
Thanks x

Sadly our bodies don't know the days we weigh in :( It will drop the weight but will not always show it to us when we expect. You had a great loss last week and people usually advise to look at the average over a month as week 2 and 3 can sometimes be a bit grrrrrrr!

Right now your body is getting use to the changes and adapting, the scales WILL catch up if you keep on keeping on.

Keep going, you are doing really well. You have lost half a stone in 2 weeks! Thats fab!! xx
This is a really good post *hugs* You've done SO well!!!

It is frustrating glad you handled it ok. I am trying to weigh monthly to avoid this as it happens to us all and it often derails me. It will come off stick with it :)

Thank you I will try to look at it that way! I just felt unrewarded for trying sooo hard!!!
I won't let it spoil my determination!

snip..

I really do understand what you mean, I have had a week where I lost a 1lb, I was quite disgusted considering I had starved myself all week lol! But then I totted up what I have lost and I realised...hey its not to bad.

You will lose weight, you can't not on exante / vlcd. Its just waiting for our bodies to adapt and preform on the scales!

Arrrggh! Hate scales lol

I did Lipotrim for 2 weeks, lost 11lbs and 8lbs. Week 3 and 4 on Exante, I lost 1lb consecutively. I was gutted coz I was 100%, not even gum. Following week I lost 7lbs. My weight loss varies from week to week. All I know is that sticking to the diet works. Good luck hun x

Thank you everybody its so nice to know that I'm not alone
Let's see what happens next week then !
Em x

Week 3 WI much better at -5lb and people have started to notice and compliment on how well I look!
Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts because I think I would have given up without them and this forum!
Emms xxx

Sorry you feel down, it hard when you have resisted all the treats around. But this diet really works, the evidence is overwhelming, hang on in and wait and see. Weighing can put you off - which is why I just don't weigh, once a month for me. Average weight loss over time and loose clothes can provide alternate boosts. It works.

Hey babe please do not get down, if you think that all VLCD's state that it should be approx 1 stone per month then you are on track to lose that, 7lbs in 2 weeks is amazing - what other diet does that?

Good luck and hope you have a better week

Well done Emms! That's brilliant.
Blue Butterfly, don't panic. I know loads of people that have a terrible loss in week 2 or even no loss. I lose 1lb, but couldn't have cared less. When I first did a VLCD I would have panicky and lost motivation, but having been on here and seen that some of the biggest ever losers and most inspirational people have poor losses sometimes, it doesn't bother me.
I lose nearly 5 stone last time and you do get weeks where not much moves. Think of it in months though - how much have you lost in a month, not a week.

Oh dear blue butterfly obviously I know how u feel! I did forget it very quickly and if anyone asked how I was getting on I would say 7lb in 2 weeks not lost a lb this week!!! And now I say 12 lb in 3 weeks!!! I am very proud of how well I have done and my dear Hubby has been saying " morning skinny" to me and commenting all the time which is really helping!!
Good luck to all and I can not thank you enough for the support
Em x

Back