What has made you want to do the cd?

beckyl91

I wanted to do it so I can walk into shops and not worry about asking the shop assistant if they have it in my size! :)

To generally look better - was a chubby kid, v slim at 17 then downhill from around 19 - highest weigh 13.7st... Lost a bit on my own and a bit on LL which has gone back on. Want to look like 'me' :D

Im impatient and I want quicker results than sw can offer. I have lost 2 stone since Jan following SW but I know with some discipline from myself following CD I can lose that and more in a shorter space of time :)

Im impatient and I want quicker results than sw can offer. I have lost 2 stone since Jan following SW but I know with some discipline from myself following CD I can lose that and more in a shorter space of time :)

Oh yes, and I am impatient too - I'm the type who expects to wake up skinny - yesterday ;)

Over 5/6 years I had tried and failed at lots of 'health kicks', gym, healthy eating, WW, boot camps, exercise classes...always lost my motivation, even when I could see results, dunno why. My OH asked me what would keep me motivated to lose weight. I (half) jokingly replied when I've lost 5 stone you propose to me, that will keep me on the straight and narrow!

So there you have it, with almost 4 stone down since October, I'm starting to get quite excited lol! I want to be engaged to the man I love and look fabulous at our engagement party rather than continue on my self destructive path of binging on rubbish. I love myself and him way more than I love food!

I wanted to do it because I'm only 20 but have no social life! I love fashion and I want to be able to walk in to any shops (including vintage shops!) and pick up a small size and know it will look great! I want to have the confidence to go out every weekend and be chatted up (even though I have a boyfriend it's just nice to be found attractive) and have my boyfriend be really proud that he's got a lovely slim girlfriend :)

gemjar said:
Over 5/6 years I had tried and failed at lots of 'health kicks', gym, healthy eating, WW, boot camps, exercise classes...always lost my motivation, even when I could see results, dunno why. My OH asked me what would keep me motivated to lose weight. I (half) jokingly replied when I've lost 5 stone you propose to me, that will keep me on the straight and narrow!

So there you have it, with almost 4 stone down since October, I'm starting to get quite excited lol! I want to be engaged to the man I love and look fabulous at our engagement party rather than continue on my self destructive path of binging on rubbish. I love myself and him way more than I love food!

Aww that's such a great story :) you are going to look drop dead gorgeous at your engagement party :D

I got jowls. Enough was enough. I now no longer have jowls. Jowls no-more! Also my acting career seems to be about ready to start and I don't want a potential agent to write me down for the big girl parts...I'd rather just be a good actress and play whatever comes along.

But really? Health and fitness. Pretty dresses are all well and good, but running for the bus and not having high blood pressure and not knackering out your knees and hips by the time you're 50...that's wat really convinced me to come back.

Ooh thats a good point too, I want to be healthier and fitter overall and be able to get old and not have creaky joints from having carried weight around for so many years :)

Here are a few of my many reasons! This could be a LONG post.

- I'm sick of being the 'big' one in every group I am in.

- To fit in airplane seats comfortably

- Being able to go past people in cinema/planes etc in the cramped spaces without squishing them

- Gain more stamina for walking and excersizing

- To be more healthy - I have a number of health problems which I know are in no way helped by being overweight

- To improve my fertility and give myself the best chance of a healthy pregnancy in around 2 years time

- Similarly so I start at a healthy weight instead of starting 5stone overweight then after the pregnancy being 8/9/10 stone overweight

- To be able to buy clothes cause I like them not just cause they'll 'flatter my shape'

- No double chin in photos

- Wear a bikini

- So I don't have to watch what way I get my photo taken incase I look really fat

- No leg chafing!!!

- Smaller boobs I hope!! (and hence less sore backs)

- Better skin from all water and no junk food

- So I can finally prove I CAN do this!

Jacqui x x x x

This is exactly like me! Except it took me 2 years to lose 2 stone messing about on SW, and I lost the next 2 in 2 months on CD, love it :D I just wanted to be a size 10 for summer & now I am, how good is this diet?! :D

This is exactly like me! Except it took me 2 years to lose 2 stone messing about on SW, and I lost the next 2 in 2 months on CD, love it :D I just wanted to be a size 10 for summer & now I am, how good is this diet?! :D

Well I havent started it yet lol its my first meeting with my CDC tomorrow! So excited :D

Thank you, and I know the first few days will be hard but thats where this forum and you lovely people will help :)

Definately :D

I wouldn't have been able to do it without my MM buddies ;)

I have lost regained lost regained on CD and am so sick of only doing something when the weight piles on to the max, why couldn't I have done something two stone ago?

Have toyed with the idea of WW or SW but feel so uncomfortable and unattractive I need to do something fast.

Have got a magnetic planner stuck on the firdge with 70 days marked out so thats the aim and day 1 is today and hopefully I will be completed 3 days before my birthday.

Back