What have we eaten today

Hi and welcome to all the newbie's on this thread.

i have not been on for a couple of days, had a bad tum, then made up for it so now i am getting back to normal.

B. Porridge 300

D soup 200

T Steak casserole with a bit of mash 500

300 left for snacks later..

Hi all,

today i've had:

B: crunchy nut cornflakes 200kcal
L: turkey and piccallilli (sp?) sandwich 200kcal
D: Two chicken burgers in buns 560kcal

Snacks: One mini meringue 15kcal, and about to have a satsuma 30kcal.

Brings it out to about 1005 kcal I think. I know it's not a very healthy days food but to be honest thats where I struggle. Don't really cook, not a big fruit and veggie fan, but the way I figure it better to eat a "normal" amount of not so good food rather than 10 bazillion calories of rubbish, like I used to. Am trying with the satsumas and might throw a kiwi in later.

Have left some calories spare tonight as am out quizzing tonight and although I have resigned myself to diet cokes, there will be an unknown food revealed towards the end of the evening which I'm sure I'll have to "try". If it's something I don't like I'll have some toast when I get in.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Breakfast-
Salt 'n' ving. Snack-a-jaks ~ 89cals.

Lunch-
Stir fry - 150cals.
1 onion- 46cals. [ish]
A sprinkle of veg stock powder - 4cals.
1 Tomato- 24cals.
1 Cranberry tea- 1cal.

Snack-
2 tomatos- 48cals.
1 Cranberry tea- 1cal.

Dinner- [to have]
Ww meal- 209cals.
2 slices of Quorn chicken- 30cals.

Total- 602

x

Last edited:
Had a terrible weekend - ate for England! So back on track today:

Today's calories:

Milk for tea & coffee (100)
B: M&S Instant Porridge pot (230)
L: Baked potato & beans (400)
S: 2 biscuits (170), cherry tomatoes (15)
T: Stir fry veg (80), chicken breast (150), broad beans (85), wagamama's stir fry sauce (70), glass of red wine (100)
Natural yoghurt & honey (110)
Total calories eaten: 1510

Exercise: 4.5 mile run

Hi Revamp,

I'm having weekends like that too, but back on track today, I will be so glad when spring and the warmer weather breaks through, salad is just no good in this cold snap.

It is? :/ How so?

Your body needs at least 1000 calories a day even if you do nothing but sit on your bum all day just simply to function properly.
If you eat less than that (and 1000 is the least you should eat) then your body thinks it's starving and will hold onto any fat you eat instead of burning it.

Unless of course you are trying to get into ketosis which is a different matter altogether and if thats the case then your menu is perfect :p

Your body needs at least 1000 calories a day even if you do nothing but sit on your bum all day just simply to function properly.
If you eat less than that (and 1000 is the least you should eat) then your body thinks it's starving and will hold onto any fat you eat instead of burning it.

Unless of course you are trying to get into ketosis which is a different matter altogether and if thats the case then your menu is perfect :p

Hmm, ive never heard of Ketosis.

I'll look into it. [:

Thanks. :D

x

Hmm, ive never heard of Ketosis.

I'll look into it. [:

Thanks. :D

x

I hope you don't mind me commenting its just that if you are in ketosis you have to be quite careful and calculated with your food right through maintenance too as you may just pile the weight back on and more when you have reached your goal weight.

Have a wee read about ketosis and dieting and you'll understand it better :D

I just wanted to help :eek:

Hiya

Hope nobody minds if I join in. Have been dieting 4 weeks so far, just started out as cutting back but have found counting calories the easiest way to keep track of it all. Have lost 20lbs this way so far, but still a HUGE way to go. I'm just hoping I don't lose the fat to find wrinkles underneath!!

Anyway today I've had:

B:Crunchy nut cornflakes 200kcal
L:Whole tin of Heinz tomato soup 226kcal, 2 small slice wholemeal bread 110kcal
D:WW Ham and pineapple pizza 302 kcal

Snacks 2x satsumas 60kcal, Bowl of pickles onions 10kcal (my crisp substitute.

Total 908 kcal so far. Will prob have some toast in bit bring it up to about 1050. A bit lower than I am aiming for, trying to do 1200-1400 but sometimes I think you don't realise how low you come in til you tot it up properly.

I hope you don't mind me offering a little bit of advice :D
If you're coming in under your calorie allowance then good snacks to bump it up if you don't want to eat any more food is a 25g serving of natural peanut butter 150cals It's packed full of good fats and studies have numerous benefits to eating more nuts and what better way than in easy peasy peanut butter form?
Even a homemade smoothie made with fat free yogurt, honey and fruit of choice can come in as low as 200cals/serving.

Well done on your 20lb loss so far :D can't wait til i get that far!

I hope you don't mind me commenting its just that if you are in ketosis you have to be quite careful and calculated with your food right through maintenance too as you may just pile the weight back on and more when you have reached your goal weight.

Have a wee read about ketosis and dieting and you'll understand it better :D

I just wanted to help :eek:

That isnt something i wanna do. :/

I was thinking of upping my cal intake. Im going to aim for around 1000 cals a day.

And no, ofc i dont mind you commenting.Im here for advice! [:

x

Hi guys,

how are ya?

I am having a good day food wise

Today so far,

B museli 350

L 2 bananas 250
Choc biscuit 84

684 so far

I hope you don't mind me offering a little bit of advice :D
If you're coming in under your calorie allowance then good snacks to bump it up if you don't want to eat any more food is a 25g serving of natural peanut butter 150cals It's packed full of good fats and studies have numerous benefits to eating more nuts and what better way than in easy peasy peanut butter form?
Even a homemade smoothie made with fat free yogurt, honey and fruit of choice can come in as low as 200cals/serving.

Well done on your 20lb loss so far can't wait til i get that far!

Thanks chocolatecat, absolutely happy to take any advice on offer. Unfortunately I wont eat peanut butter on its own, in fact I only have a scraping on bread. And I don't do smoothies. Like I say I'm real fussy, just need to start planning better I think. But totally appreciate it though.

Anyway today so far I've had:

B: Crunchy nut cornflakes 220kcal
L: Tin Heinz tomato soup 226kcal, two crispbreads with low fat blue spread 100kcal
D: Tesco Light choices tagliatelle 410 kcal

Snacks: Two satsumas 60kcal, two kiwis 30kcal, WW yoghurt 50kcal

Thats 1096 so far. Means I can grab some toast during CSI later.

Hope everyone is having good day.

Okay, so today ive hadddd..

B-

Stir Fry - 150cals.

Lunch-
Snack-a-jaks - 89cals.

Dinner-
Stir Fry- 150cals.
Veg stock- 4cals.
Mushrooms- 32cals.

At the cinema-
2 small chocolate sweets & afew mouthfuls of "fat" coke - 30cals.

Total so far- 455.

Im going to have anything i can find to make it up to atleast 800 tonight. [: But its nearly bedtime so it'll have to be something quick. lol

x

Okay, so today ive hadddd..

B-

Stir Fry - 150cals.

Lunch-
Snack-a-jaks - 89cals.

Dinner-
Stir Fry- 150cals.
Veg stock- 4cals.
Mushrooms- 32cals.

At the cinema-
2 small chocolate sweets & afew mouthfuls of "fat" coke - 30cals.

Total so far- 455.

Im going to have anything i can find to make it up to atleast 800 tonight. [: But its nearly bedtime so it'll have to be something quick. lol

x

Hi winter and welcome to this thread,

How are you getting on?

Hi all,

having a good day today, weighin in friday morning.

B Apple 60

L Salmon salad 300

D Salmon salad sandwich 400

Cadbury Mmmm creme egg 170

930 in total

Hi winter and welcome to this thread,

How are you getting on?

Hi. [:

Im getting on okay. I started this diet at the beginning of the year, and ive lost a stone. I had a week or so off, to keep my weight the same. Now im trying to go down another stone. Im 3 stone off my goal weight.
I started at 13st, now im differing between 12stone and 11st13lb.
Hopefully i'll be 11st by my birthday, which is the start of march. [:

How about you?

TODAAAY-

Breakfast/lunch- [woke up late. O.O]
Quorn cottage pie - 294cals.

Dinner [to have]-
Stir Fry - 150cals.

And after that i dont have a plan, just whatever i fancy lol.

x

I am ok, i have had tooo many weeks on and off, i now need to be consistent with my calories around 1200-1400 per day.
I had lost 20lb upto christmas, but then put 8lb back on over christmas and jan and its took me till now to get back on the wagon.

Hiya Everybody

Hope everybody is having a good day. Does anyone else have a problem with being logged out while in the middle of posting?? Have already written this out once and lost it all. Anyhows, here's what I've had today:

B:Crunchy nut cornflakes 200kcal
L: 6x crispbreads 114kcal with low fat blue cheese spread 50kcal
D: Iceland ownbrand Chicken Carbonara 298 kcal (highly recommended), 2 small wholemeal bread 110kcal (to mop up)

Snacks: 2x kiwis 30kcal, 2x satsumas 60kcal, coco pops bar 84 kcal, bowl of pickled onions 10kcal

Total so far 956kcal. Gonna have a hot chocolate and some toast in bit.

Hi DM,

Yes that has happened to me a couple of times, but you are doing well on your calorie counting!

Back