What have we eaten today

Hi everyone, especially to all the new people, welcome!

Well done assj, that's a fantastic first week's loss, you must be so pleased!

I was naughty and weighed myself again this morning, dropped 1.75lbs since yesterday :D :D I must've been retaining water or something yesterday morning, I drank loads yesterday and hey presto!

Anyhoo:
B: 2 slices wholemeal toast, scraping of low fat marg and a coffee
S: Summer Fruit alpen bar
L: WW tomato soup, 2 cream crackers with 30g philly extra light, 30g blueberries
S: Apple, golden lights
D: Turkey escalope, baby new potatoes, salad
S: Snack a jack toffee popcorn and yogurt

That looks tonnes, lol. Total is 1296. Will most likely have something else to make it up to 1500. Must keep up the water intake today.

Just had a sausage butty for brek, 2 low fat sossies on WW white Danish bread with l/f marg and ketchup - OMG!!! WHITE BREAD!!! I literally haven't had sliced white bread for about a year... *heavenly* And only 285 cals!

Just about to go for a nice long walk and then take a tip from LaLaLou and have lunch at Costa, having boned up on their Nutritional Info web page beforehand. So probably the Green Thai Chicken flatbread (325) and a skinny cappucino (58).

Dinner will be bacon, red pepper & spinach pasta, 480.

1148 total, leaves 152 for snacks. Which just might have to feature that amazing WW white bread... :)

EDIT: forgot to say well done to assj! Well done, you!

last night had a bit of OH ravioli so that took me too about 1600 yest!

today had yogurt and babybel = 200 kal

going to friends for lunch so will be hard!

Welcome all the newbies,

Loulou, well done mate another loss this week.

I've had to make an ajustment on planned food for today, by the time I had got back from my sons footy i fancied soup, rather than a sarny.

B. Fruit & cereal bar 200

L. 1/2 carton carrot soup 140

D. Chicken stew ( Homemade)

Going to try and have 1300 per day in the week ahead to try and kick start my body in losing weight, i know it totm and i did not expect to lose so hopefully next week will be a big one.

Loulou, well done mate another loss this week.

Oops, yes, missed that - well done, Lou.

Well I forgot to ask for skimmed milk in my cappucino and I'm horrified to find that they use full fat milk as standard! 101 calories!!! On a *coffee*. :mad: Argh, I'm so angry with myself. :sigh:

lol. worse things can happen :)

went out for lunch

had, meat and salads- 850ish
sliver of lemon tart and fruit salad - 300kals
plus breakfast 200

Today's menu

Granary toast and egg 200
2 large apples 160
1 cereal bar 70
1/2pt skimmed milk 100
Skinny cow hot choc 37
1/2 carton mushroom soup 115

Tonight i'm having left over Beef and bean hotpot 400

Total 1082

May have a glass of wine and a snack later too

Breakfast - Fruit & Fibre Cereal 250 Cals

Lunch - Two apples 140 Cals

Dinner - Gammon Steak 180 Cals
Chips 260 Cals
Cabbage 50 Cals

Snacks - Kit Kat 107 Cals
Jelly Pot 10 Cals
Hot chocolate 37 Cals

Milk Allowance - 100 Cals

Daily Total - 1134 Calories

Still struggling to keep it up over 1200.

Will be having wine tomorrow with friends though so I suppose I could just look at it like I've been saving calories up for a few days.

Try having something like a sandwich for lunch. That'll bring your calories up. You can get some fairly acceptable sandwiches in the 250-300 calorie range :)

Today I started off with a bowl of Crunchy Nut Clusters, then had a 290 calorie Boots sandwich and a snack pack of baby carrots for lunch. Dinner was a veg + bacon pilau rice and a side salad. Omnomnom!

I'm also dead chuffed to have resisted the chocolate this week and still managed to lose 2.4lbs in spite of it being TOTM week. Hurrah!

Hi everyone I'm Sarah, I just started Calorie counting yesterday after years of unsucessful dieting! wish me luck!
So far this morning I've had
30g Special k with milk - 171
orange - 59
Skinny cow hot choc - 37

How much is everyone aiming for a day? I was thinking 1000 but is that too low? yesterday I only had just over 1000 and ate so much (mainly fruit and veg though!)

Cheers
Sarah x

Sarah,
The amount of calories you need to consume to lose weight (healthily at between 1-2 lbs per week) depends on several things, e.g. height, sex, age and current weight. Try "googling" how many calories do I need to have to lose weight and you will find some calorie counters that will tell you how much for you personally. You simply enter your statistics and it will tell you.
Incidentally, 1000 calories is far too little for you. Your body will go into starvation mode and so it will be counter-productive. I used to go on those kinds of diets and always put the weight back on. This time I'm aiming to lose it slowly and steadily in the hope that it finally stays off!

Good luck!

Hope this helps!

well done crazybrit!!!!
for me today

2 rashers HL bacon on a plain bagel
vitality yog drink
porridge with milk
apple
satsuma
low cal/fat chicken dippers
with
supernoodles (naughty)
WW choc roll

i am a bit worried about going up from day to day, i dont want it to ruin my losses, time will tell i guess, i hope it will keep my body guessing lol so i dont hit a brick wall too early.
how is everyone else doing?

Morning everyone,

After reading LM bacon sandwich thread last night, I had to have one for brekky today.

B. 2 Wholemeal bread 200
2 thin rasher bacon 120
1 fried egg 100
splash brown sauc 30
-----

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Good morning everyone, I knew my calories would go out the window yesterday as I had my brother and sister in law round, so that shall be my day off, draw a line under it and start again today!!

Breakfast i've had
skinny cow hot choc - 37
Grapes (100g) - 60
Kiwi (50) - 25
Apple - 53

= 175 and feel full too!

Let you know what else i have

Sarahx

I stayed at the fella's this weekend. Back home and on track now... He got called into work at stupid o'clock yesterday morning, leaving me stuck at his house, with only poptarts and jammie dodgers for company... Oops. His car was blocking mine in, so I couldnt go to the shop :( He then come home at teatime and cooked a beautiful thai green curry... He tried though, it was using light coconut milk :D

The beer didnt help...

Anyway! Today has been two strawberry pop tarts, and a banana, then ww chicken soup.

:D Back on track !

Hi all, I've had a nice day today. Up early, went to church then went into town. Didn't really need much, but ended up buying stuff anyway - an elf outfit for my son. He'll hate me when he's older, lol!

Wee tip for you all, Marks and Spencer puts the calories in their cafe food on the brown stickers with the name of food on. So that's another "CC-friendly" cafe!

B: Banana (small), apple Alpen bar and black coffee
L: M&S Emmental and Mushroom toastie, skinny latte (also had the wee biscuit that comes with it
D: Will be baked potato, cheese and salad

Brings me to 1001 calories for today. Hoorah.

Ooh, it was! 485 cals, but worth it :D

Adding in my "dessert": Had 100g strawberries and 100g grapes after dinner. Now have had 1088 calories today.

Back