• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What have you learnt today?!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
Hi everyone,
I've been thinking how since starting SW at the end of October I've learnt so much!! It seems that every day something new reveals itself-whether it's about food, exercise, my body, my mind!! I thought it could be fun and interesting to start a thread about things we've learnt today!! It can be anything at all- maybe even a new discovery about the way we feel losing weight!! I'll start- mine's a food fact! 75g of tinned Atlantic sardines have as much calcium in them as a cup of milk!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st13lb C: 14st13lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
hi ive learn not to weigh myself mid week.........the feeling of disappointment s gonna spoil my day.I WILL WEIGH IN ONLY ONCE A WEEK. Enjoy your bank holiday ladies Sharon X

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
sharon i think i learnt the same as you,lol!! im awful for weighing myself and i need to stop!! it does ruin your day/week.

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
S: 20st1lb C: 14st12lb G: 12st13lb BMI: 28.2 Loss: 5st3lb(25.98%)
I've learnt how to make so many tasty treats in so many different ways! (I'm a big fan of the recipe boards btw so thanks all :))
This weekend I made sw ferrero rocher and magic porridge and they were yummy! xx :D

I used to be a researcher and librarian, and every day I was asked to find out lots of different things. When I retired, I decided that I would carry on researching - so I try to find out something new every day.

Yesterday I did some research online into the history of BBC TV Centre (sparked off by a conversation with someone who is working there at the moment) and it was absolutely fascinating.

The other day I noticed an interesting building in town - just an ordinary shop at ground level but looking up I found it had been a hotel. Came home and did some Googling and found out all about it.

Today I am finishing off the weekend papers' general knowledge crosswords, which will mean I will find out all sorts of obscure stuff (especially the Saturday Telegraph one!).

I am also doing the research for questions for a quiz that I am running next week.

I end up with a head full of totally irrelevant and useless knowledge, but it keeps the ageing brain ticking over and with any luck it will keep senility at bay!

And I make a point of checking out my SW books at least once a week, and often find something I didn't know or had totally forgotten.

For instance, I didn't know until today that octopus is a super speed (SS) food - must be all those legs!!!!

Kater-tater

Gold Member
S: 12st5lb G: 8st13lb
I learnt that melting laughing cow lights actually works quite well! I wasnt convinced lol

freyasmommy

Starting again!
S: 15st9lb C: 14st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 1st0lb(6.39%)
before joining SW i used to buy jars of sauce to make tea or if that seemed like to much hard work we would order a takeaway (and i wondered how i was putting on weight!!) i never had breakfast and rarely had dinner, just filled up on a huge tea and chocolate!

since joining i have realised that cooking is quick, easy and still very yummy! i also now eat 3 meals a day and the odd snack :D

olliebog

S: 12st0lb C: 12st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
The best thing I've learnt since starting SW. Is...... Minimins site, incredibly full of information, recipes and inspirations and of course all the valuable syn values of food! Today I am making Mushroom Stroganoff from a recipe found on here... really looking forward to it!

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
I've learnt that losing weight and being healthy can be fun and easy to do! xxx